Best Spark Plugs

Just to show a difference;
Same engine, same tune, same time, same gap, left vs right bank
The AR looks to be a recessed electrode and that is a total different animal. I use the AR 23 or AR 24

With the AR plug it looks as though it runs cooler than the delco. . . . . . .
It may be obvious, but that is exactly what I was trying to show.
Different plugs manufacturers will run differently, even if the heat range is supposed to be the same.
The plugs need to be tested on each set-up at operating conditions, to nail down "The best spark plug".

NGK UR5s here. Gapped at .032. Running 16psi. Works good for me.
Really you would have to try hard to bad plugs. Just run to Napa or something and get NGK/Autolites.

The ONE day I ran E3's in my car at the track it ran like total crap. Yanked them out and put the R43TS's back in and it ran like it always did, which is great. Never again.

The ONE day I ran E3's in my car at the track it ran like total crap. Yanked them out and put the R43TS's back in and it ran like it always did, which is great. Never again.

The only other plug I have had any luck with NGK. I use to run Autolites but they would eventually start to drop out under boost.

NGK YR-5's here (they are a non -projected tip) ....less likely for detonation .
Have'em gapped at .030

NGK YR-5's here (they are a non -projected tip) ....less likely for detonation .
Have'em gapped at .030
Dave
This is kind of a myth, I saw lots of high boost cars and when there plugs were out in the open they were all projected. Bowling Green is the best school for us Buick guys.

Thanks Kevin! Alway good to hear your thoughts. :giggle: The YR-5's are working well for me on the street. Guess when ever I get to the track I can alway install some UR-5's if need be.

dave

I just got some delcos from earl trying to stay OG

Oh damn.... Funny story...

Earl also has NGKs (just like in Earl's personal GN. AND 72 Dodge van, TVR, S10 Blazer and 11 motorcycles).

The NGKs don't have ''Made in China'' on the box. (yet I've sold ZERO sets).

All jokes aside, Grass Doctor, if the Delcos you got from me are still new, feel free to mail 'em back and I'll send you some NGKs.

Earl also has NGKs (just like in Earl's personal GN. AND 72 Dodge van, TVR, S10 Blazer and 11 motorcycles).

All jokes aside, Grass Doctor, if the Delcos you got from me are still new, feel free to mail 'em back and I'll send you some NGKs.
we'll see how the delcos do first
just in case a judge wants to pull one of my plug wires off to check. :LOL: haha

funny story : last show in Ponte Vedra one of the judges looked over my car didnt take long walked away I was kinda disappointed, come to find out he knew what he was looking at, bc he use to work for Buick on the development of that car.
anyways later that day he came to me and pinned a ribbon on my car and said to me nice job son, I haven't seen one of my babies in a while

Earl, what say you about ngk bkr7e ? They are called v power with a small groove in the tip. Seem to fit nicely where a gasket plug is used and aren't hard to find in a pinch.

I run 28-30 psi on Champion aluminum heads, 93 octane and Alky. I will never use an extended tip plug for fear of pre ignition.
NGK R5671A-8 is what goes in mine at .024 gap.

Bryan

I run 28-30 psi on Champion aluminum heads, 93 octane and Alky. I will never use an extended tip plug for fear of pre ignition.
NGK R5671A-8 is what goes in mine at .024 gap.

Bryan

Good plugs. Give the Autolite Racing 3934 or 3933 a shot. Same as the NGK you run but a shorter strap for even more pre ignitions prevention. They come out the box gapped at .024.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earl, what say you about ngk bkr7e ? They are called v power with a small groove in the tip. Seem to fit nicely where a gasket plug is used and aren't hard to find in a pinch.

I woudn't try a 7 in a car unless you're specific testing shows a need for a plug that cold.

NGKs are opposite than delcos with their heat range. Higher numerically labelled plugs are colder (up to a 10), lower numbered plugs are hot. An NGK 4 crosses over to delcos 42 and 43.

So...I have a dumb question. I picked up a set of NKG UR5's (2771) based upon many of your suggestions. According to the auto part sites (Autozone, etc) these do not fit the car. I'm assuming we are good to go and I can ignore that? I just want to make 100% sure before I install them.

So...I have a dumb question. I picked up a set of NKG UR5's (2771) based upon many of your suggestions. According to the auto part sites (Autozone, etc) these do not fit the car. I'm assuming we are good to go and I can ignore that? I just want to make 100% sure before I install them.

You are good to go. Auto parts guys today only know what the screen says the car came with. That plug is probably in more fast cars than any other.