Best Rear Sway Bar For Our Cars

nickygn23

Hello all. I tried and old school ATR rear bar. Didn't 100% like the fitment. Any other ideas that work for you guys. ...Oh not looking for drag bars. Going for handling.

Attachments

• 20200216_074248.jpg
    20200216_074248.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Just a quick 87. Our rear sway bar the the same diameter as the UMI rear sway bar. If its the same diameter would it work better? I mean I do have all UMI rear suspension parts, would be cool to match it all.
To be honest I don’t know. I feel at least emotionally that in certain circumstances aftermarket can be better. Is UMI the case? Not sure but I like their quality parts. Have their shock tower brace as well.

Do you have the UMI uppers? That’s on my to-do list along with their control arm reinforcements.

I am a big fan of the UMI rear bar and run it on my Ttype which I road raced for the first time the other day. I like UMI parts in general. I have a mix of UMI Ride Tech HR parts on my Ttype and if I were to do it again I would have gone all UMI especially thier front control arms.

I was recommended the HR parts and stuff super sway bar. I just installed it today. It wasn't bad. The packing and directions were great. Not just stuff in a bag.... everything was separated and marked. Instructions very thorough. Still have some questions on how to adjust it. But it might need the engine/trans/driveshaft in to adjust properly. Not sure on that.

I was recommended the HR parts and stuff super sway bar. I just installed it today. It wasn't bad. The packing and directions were great. Not just stuff in a bag.... everything was separated and marked. Instructions very thorough. Still have some questions on how to adjust it. But it might need the engine/trans/driveshaft in to adjust properly. Not sure on that.
The packaging, instructions & fasteners are top notch.

Car should be full weight for final adjustments. A 4-post drive on lift is very helpful. Hard to line everything up while on your back.

Just installed an OLD 1.5" solid rsb, attached to hotchkis solid rear lca. Anyone run one?

I have an old school Herb Adams/ Moroso 1.5” rear sway bar mouted to the lower control arms along with his matching 1.31” front bar that uses heim joint end links.
Both bars are solid and heavy, but they work well to provide neutral steering so you can maintain control while sliding around cones (given the front and rear tires are the same size).

I’ve recently been thinking about the Speedtech 1.31” hollow front bar and their .88” frame mounted adjustable hollow rear bar thinking they would provide similar results with a lot less weight.

Hello all. I tried and old school ATR rear bar. Didn't 100% like the fitment. Any other ideas that work for you guys. ...Oh not looking for drag bars. Going for handling.
If your going for handling why not use the stock away bar?
I had a car years ago pull 1g on the stock stuff.
I'm not into the turn stuff on g bodies anymore but I was along ago.
Sure bars have come along way since then so others that scca race can chime in.

Detroit Speed Engineering here, really high quality piece.
No technical data to prove but felt sturdier then others that i used, Stock, Spohn, Helwig

PM Turbo6inKY , he autocrosses his Buick and could probably help out .