Best Oil and oil filter?

Cheap filters have shittly drainback valves that don't work. Yes, they are equipped with the flapper, but it they don't seal, they don't count.

For example I know a lot of women that physically own a brain. But when they don't work, it doesn't count. :D
I now understand my friend

Oh dear lord, another oil/filter thread..........

Number 24,342.

Guess the search function is down again, huh?

I'd say Earl has oil filter recommendations covered in post #10.

This may be of interest to someone...a Mopar enthusiast did extensive oil filter composition/internal construction analysis. Beginning in 1999, he sought to buy every available oil filter brand from the parts stores and cut them open to learn the internal make up and actual manufacturer for that brand (private label, etc)....Qualifying the media material, # of pleats, type of cartridge caps, spring type, anti-drainback valving, etc. While his research study only went 9 years to 2008, this destructive analysis illustrated that there is something to be gained through the use of a high quality filter and its corresponding higher price point.

It's an interesting read. check it out here. be sure to scroll to the top of the page. the link loads partway down.

If the oil filter is on the bottom of the motor, mounted vertically, is the anti drain back valve needed? Also, should the filter be filled with oil before installing it or will the oil find it's way to the filter on it's own?

If the oil filter is on the bottom of the motor, mounted vertically, is the anti drain back valve needed? Also, should the filter be filled with oil before installing it or will the oil find it's way to the filter on it's own?

I fill my filter half way before installation. I have the biggie adaptor and use a WIX 51258 filter. It's just what I do.

I fill my filter half way before installation. I have the biggie adaptor and use a WIX 51258 filter. It's just what I do.

^^ X2
I hit my secret location fuel pump kill switch and crank the engine until the gauge shows oil pressure before flipping the switch to fire it up as well.

No, yes, and eventually .......but the engine will be blowing air through the bearing areas.

Cheap filters have shittly drainback valves that don't work. Yes, they are equipped with the flapper, but it they don't seal, they don't count.

For example I know a lot of women that physically own a brain. But when they don't work, it doesn't count. :D
They work, but they chose not to use them. They want everything thought out and done for them.

^^ X2
I hit my secret location fuel pump kill switch and crank the engine until the gauge shows oil pressure before flipping the switch to fire it up as well.
I typically unplug the fuel pump connector at the back and crank until I build oil pressure. Need to add the secret kill switch in the cab so I don't have to get dirty and track it back into my beauty.