Best Handgun Safe?

mjdwyer23

Woosh WaGoN
Calling all pistol owners!

I will be purchasing a handgun in the next two weeks. The gun will mostly be for range days but will be stored close to the bedroom "just in case." I would like to get a safe that is secure but quickly accessible in an emergency. For your reference, I will be purchasing a Glock compact or subcompact .40 caliber.

Any input? Thanks!

I assume you have kids and want to lock the gun away????

I keep my in the open on the table next to my bed. No good in an emergency if you have to unlock a safe to get at it.

my .02

It looks like a decent safe. I would consider it if I wanted to get one.

I key is always faster than a dial or keypad...but...you need to keep the key on hand and if it is close to the safe...the kids can find the key and then....no different than leaving it on the desk :-(

I believe in gun safety too buy my 7 kids all have tails and no opposable thumbs....

not a safe but..........

I have a S&W case that my nine year old son cant open.I can flip it open with my thumb,I would look for something similar.I personally dont want to find a key before I blow somebodys face off,just my opinion.:D Find a case that has the plastic snaps,they are harder to open than you would think.;)

Safe

Go to Patriot Safe. They are built in California and have a few options. I bought the Protector model which holds about 25-30 guns and also bought a little safe for under my nightstand. It has a key or a pad you type in a 4 digit code. The only things I don't like about it is the keypad does not light up and it chimes after it is opened. It will fit 2 9mm or .40s in it with extra mags.Cool little safe. I paid 1625 shipped for both to CT. The big safe was 1500 and the little guy was 125.00 /no tax or shipping charges.The weight of both of them came to around 800lbs. Cabella's also has a small safe where it recognizes your finger prints. Check out those sites.Good luck!