Best Converter?

Vader78

The turbo im picking up says it performs best with a 2800 stall, but what are your thoughts on this? I originally was thinking more on a 3000 stall, is there a major difference in the two?

What is the best converter at a reasonable budget minded cost?

This is for my 84 gn with a 2004r.

What trans converter and stall are you guys running on the 200 4R?

Does brand matter or are they all basically the same?

Brand matters, converter size matters, turbo matters, desired power level matters. There is more to it than advertised stall.

Im going to be running a ta61.5 from workturbochargers, 60lb inj, ported intake an new up & down pipes with 3" exhaust. Also upgrading fuel system and adding alky.

Desired power would be what ever gets me close to mid 10's

WHAT?! You didn't know that all GN's are mid ten seconds capable?

Just ask anyone selling a non stock TR and according to them it's in the tens, get with the program man.
They are
That's 1/8th mile.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If your running hot air setup i would invest into running E85 and not use the alky ive ran really good boost numbers without an intercooler no knock 10 sec capable on a stock setup. Good turbo good converter built trans good tune.

I posted this thread for useful information so those with sarcasm please keep your comments to yourself. Im not some teenager who thinks everything is 10 sec worthy. Im here like everyone else because we are enthusiastic about our Buick and want our cars to be the best we can make them.

Will my car make it to the 10's someday? Maybe it will maybe it wont, but I'm going to try my best to get there, and if I don't I'm ok with that because my car will still be faster than most on the street around me.

Please don't take offense pilgrim, it's just a little kidding. But on the more serious side, if you're running a HA car, 87's advice may be something to consider, or if funds come available you can consider intercooling. There are several options available to you. I would think the majority are running PTC's. Dusty would be able to give good advice on the converter w/your goals in mind.

I would go with at least a 3000stall but I don't think that turbo can move enuff air for 10.50s,and definitely not with stock heads on an 84...