Best Converter Selection for PT3255e

jspeed86

I figure I need a 3000 to 3200, but I am on a budjet and need a good torque converter for the above Precision turbo. Car has bad lag at takeoff, so I fugure this is what it needs. Anybody know where I can get a street/strip torque converter at a good price. Thanks.... :)

I have a GT3255 in my TTA and it feel kind of laggy. But before you get a converter, I would look at freeing up the exhaust or intercooler. There is a lot of restriction in stock form. A higher stall 12" may work. Like a 2800 stall. Or spend the money on a 9/11 or a vigilante. Approx 3000 stall will work well.

Sweet6 said:
I have a GT3255 in my TTA and it feel kind of laggy. But before you get a converter, I would look at freeing up the exhaust or intercooler. There is a lot of restriction in stock form. A higher stall 12" may work. Like a 2800 stall. Or spend the money on a 9/11 or a vigilante. Approx 3000 stall will work well.

We already have a THDP, but we only have stock headers and crossover. Yes, we do have the stock IC, but I am buying a DuttW. Big Neck to help things out, don't know if that will make a difference, but that is all we can afford. So I should get a 2800 or 3000. Could you give me a link to the exact converter you would recommend. Need to keep at $300 though... thanks...

If you need to keep it at $300, then a 12" converter is all you will be able to get. Call Full throttle. But I would think you may have a chance to improve spool up once the big neck is on. Maybe look at getting your chip reburned. Who made your chip?

Mike Licht at Full Throttle burned the chip. I have 42.5 lb injectors and I am running 20lbs boost. The car runs great, except for the crappy lag. No knock, etc.... So I am guessing that the $299 converter that Full Throttle has is the one to get?

I think it is the orange stripe on the web site. I would call Mike and see what he says. That turbo was meant to work with the stock converter. Unless your converter is not the stock one. But give Mike a call and see what he thinks.I am going to try to avoid getting a converter if I can. But will if I have to.