Best Converter Selection for PT3255e

jspeed86

I figure I need a 3000 to 3200, but I am on a budjet and need a good torque converter for the above Precision turbo. Car has bad lag at takeoff, so I fugure this is what it needs. Anybody know where I can get a street/strip torque converter at a good price. Thanks.... :)

Sweet6

I have a GT3255 in my TTA and it feel kind of laggy. But before you get a converter, I would look at freeing up the exhaust or intercooler. There is a lot of restriction in stock form. A higher stall 12" may work. Like a 2800 stall. Or spend the money on a 9/11 or a vigilante. Approx 3000 stall will work well.

jspeed86

Sweet6 said:
I have a GT3255 in my TTA and it feel kind of laggy. But before you get a converter, I would look at freeing up the exhaust or intercooler. There is a lot of restriction in stock form. A higher stall 12" may work. Like a 2800 stall. Or spend the money on a 9/11 or a vigilante. Approx 3000 stall will work well.

We already have a THDP, but we only have stock headers and crossover. Yes, we do have the stock IC, but I am buying a DuttW. Big Neck to help things out, don't know if that will make a difference, but that is all we can afford. So I should get a 2800 or 3000. Could you give me a link to the exact converter you would recommend. Need to keep at $300 though... thanks...

Sweet6

If you need to keep it at $300, then a 12" converter is all you will be able to get. Call Full throttle. But I would think you may have a chance to improve spool up once the big neck is on. Maybe look at getting your chip reburned. Who made your chip?

jspeed86

Mike Licht at Full Throttle burned the chip. I have 42.5 lb injectors and I am running 20lbs boost. The car runs great, except for the crappy lag. No knock, etc.... So I am guessing that the $299 converter that Full Throttle has is the one to get?

Sweet6

I think it is the orange stripe on the web site. I would call Mike and see what he says. That turbo was meant to work with the stock converter. Unless your converter is not the stock one. But give Mike a call and see what he thinks.I am going to try to avoid getting a converter if I can. But will if I have to.