Best car photos.......(photogenic)

Some favorites of my car...

DSCI0604.jpg

DSCI0600.jpg

DSCI0599.jpg

DSCI0593.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!! :smile:

What the heck

Here is my project. Thought I would give a quick post and pic. It is an 84 Elky with an 87 GN drive.

Attachments

• 2008-02-03+071blog.jpg
    2008-02-03+071blog.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,643
  • 2008-02-03+076blog.jpg
    2008-02-03+076blog.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,652
86gn.jpg

It may not look the best, but it doesn't have to look good to be quick! :biggrin:

Yes, that crap on the car is salt...gotta love Minnesota winters

I love this car. I love the engine pic. I love the Cross in the background. I love the Valve Covers. Is this a custom fabricated valve cover? It's awesome.
:)

Thanks Tomcat!

I put the fabricated covers on a year and a half ago. They are off ebay(3").

Long story short..my machinist drilled the breather hole in the wrong place and I had him patch it. Did a real good job, but I wasn't pleased. So I bought a 'flask' belt buckle with the pewter skull on it off ebay and when it arrived I lucked out on the size. Took some string and 'sawed' between the flask and skull thru the glue and black siliconed it over the repair.

Turned out pretty good..for a rig.

BTW the flask is still fully functional. :D

They both look Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the wheel and tire combo on the T ???

Thanks
BOOSTBROTHER

The frame has been notched and the inner wheel wells massaged for a larger tire. I run 15x11.50 on the rear with room for 12.50's with a 5.5 backspace rim. The fronts are 215-15's on 6's

A few more. The one on the grass is the one I submitted to the calendar(its the Jan 08 car)

Attachments

• T type 005.jpg
    T type 005.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,535
  • Buick 004.jpg
    Buick 004.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 2,571
What is the name of the color? I like it!!!!

Black Cherry Pearl. Thanks for the compliments. Took me almost 2 years to find the color I wanted. I was looking for a "different than every other burgundy", but stay close to the original color. I'm happy with my choice. Bright burgundy in the sunlight, and almost black at night.

ya im having a hard time paint color too. want something diff. then every one else but got to have the paint go with that maroon interior. It a hard color to deal with.

Boys and girls,
DO NOT put your car on grass when you shoot it. That violates "Car Photos 101" in a big way. Always keep it on a roadway. Roll the windows down and wear a seat belt when driving it. Ideally, have someone with a Nikon follow you as you're driving, using a somewhat slower exposure and a tripod in a convertible, and that will show moving wheels while clearly showing the car. You will need to overexpose maybe 1/3rd. an F stop and depending on the light, use a 15% warming filter (or let Photoshop do its thing). Lighting is very important, but you really can't shoot a black car in an overcast condition. Use spotty sunlight directly positioned to reduce shadows. Shooting at 2:30 to 3 pm with the sun behind you yields the best contrast, and a blue sky with some clouds is perfect as long as the sky turns up in the image a bit.

Find a nice day and shoot till the turbos stop screaming.

Ummmm......ok?????:rolleyes:

KB