BEST CAM FOR SOUND AND PERFORMANCE

Would luv to know whats the best cam to purchase for sound and performance...

Seek the best performance.

If you want the best sound, invest in a stereo & find a recording of a rumpity V-8.

The V-6 won't ever sound like that.

Sumthing a lil more deeper, then stock...
You may need to look into your exhaust options.

It's never going to sound like a V8 (Thank God). It's not supposed too. Big heads, big cam, built motor, and a big-ass turbo, and they still have a sound of their own. A wonderfully unique sound that tells people we are different.

Based on your previous posts, you should consider taking things a bit slower and reaching out to some Buick people in your area. Do some searches on this site and read-up a little. There's lots to know long before choosing a cam.

Just trying to help.

You may need to look into your exhaust options.

It's never going to sound like a V8 (Thank God). It's not supposed too. Big heads, big cam, built motor, and a big-ass turbo, and they still have a sound of their own. A wonderfully unique sound that tells people we are different.

Based on your previous posts, you should consider taking things a bit slower and reaching out to some Buick people in your area. Do some searches on this site and read-up a little. There's lots to know long before choosing a cam.

Just trying to help.

Ive done.most of the rest of the things like chip, injectors, bigger turbo, kenny bell headers, 3 inch down pipe straight out no cat or muffler...
Dont want a v8 sound have a drag car with big block, and a show car with beefy small block for all that...
Love the GN sound just wanted a lil more...
Thanks for advice...

Ive done.most of the rest of the things like chip, injectors, bigger turbo, kenny bell headers, 3 inch down pipe straight out no cat or muffler...
Dont want a v8 sound have a drag car with big block, and a show car with beefy small block for all that...
Love the GN sound just wanted a lil more...
Thanks for advice...
Run an open down pipe. Then it will have a wonderful turbo whistle. I frigging love that sound! Boy, do I miss it. Especial when I hear some of the near stocker type guys running open dumps at the track or on the street. Reminds me of the old days.

GN1 dual 3” exhaust is loud. Changes exhaust tone. Only GN’s I’ve ever heard with a “different tone”, have been stage 2’s with Big cams and higher idle. Put a stock GN next to a built GN, and they usually sound the same.

I used to hate racing GNs. I’m by listening to them you couldn’t tell if it was a 13 second or a 10 second car.

The only way I was able to get a semi v8 rumble was running a tt chip 3" rjc downpipe and a 3" gn1 dual exhaust system. Only difference is I stopped it right after the mufflers and it sounded bad ass! Stock cam aftermarket cold air but everything else was stock. Couldn' tell it was a v6 :D

My car has 2 turbos, 2 downpipes, true dual 3 inch exhaust and 2 strait through mufflers that do absolutely nothing to muffle the sound. Then it expands to 3-1/2 inch pipe over the axles and out the tailpipes.

And the most aggressive sound I was able to get out of it is the sound of 2 worked up Hondas running at the same time.

If you go on you tube and search "slp" and "grand national" you will find 2 videos from TheMongoose87 where he used the SLP Loudmouth resonators instead of mufflers. Sounded very strong and almost V8 like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you go on you tube and search "slp" and "grand national" you will find 2 videos from TheMongoose87 where he used the SLP Loudmouth resonators instead of mufflers. Sounded very strong and almost V8 like.

I have said this in other threads. I'm going to say it again in this one.

Some day soon, I am going to have Brian Cotton fab up a full aluminum exhaust for my ride. I wanted to do it from day one. But I was talked out of it. Now I don't care.

No mufflers! Just 2 aluminum extensions of my downpipes right to the tail. My downpipes extent nearly all the way to the end of my transmission pan in stainless. Then from there, I'll go all aluminum.

Don't want to do it for sound reasons. Rather for weight savings, performance (no mufflers), and the "bad-ass" factor. But I'm sure it will sound different.

Maybe this summer. The budget is tight.

I have said this in other threads. I'm going to say it again in this one.

Some day soon, I am going to have Brian Cotton fab up a full aluminum exhaust for my ride. I wanted to do it from day one. But I was talked out of it. Now I don't care.

No mufflers! Just 2 aluminum extensions of my downpipes right to the tail. My downpipes extent nearly all the way to the end of my transmission pan in stainless. Then from there, I'll go all aluminum.

Don't want to do it for sound reasons. Rather for weight savings, performance (no mufflers), and the "bad-ass" factor. But I'm sure it will sound different.

Maybe this summer. The budget is tight.
My dd is a 2012 cls550 4matic V8 twin turbo. Bought it 3 years off lease so i got a killer deal. It has cats, resonators, another big center muffler box that both pipes go thru and then two large boat anchor mufflers. It's as quiet as a Mercedes and I hated it. I removed the mufflers and had some straight pipes fabbed up and now it sounds exactly like it should, like it has a V8 in it, nothing obnoxious and no drone. Just a nice touch until you get into it and then it sounds amazing.

When I had my cousin work on the exhaust, it can only be the owner of the car who can say, "f it, cut it right there." Lol.

Oh yea love that clip!!

I had an engine a while back with a BIG (510?) cam and ported heads that would lope like a small block at idle. Of course, I set the idle low so it would do that and that's not the greatest idea for performance.