Venting Gas Tank

Ed brewer went 11.3 118 with a stoc turbo and motor,200 r4 26 inch tire and full weight
I remember that thread and just reread it. It was a 11.45 then a 11.37@116mph (not 118) with a 1.50 sixty foot. His car was 3570 with him in it. On a 90 degree day it runs 11.7's, with ideal conditions on a cold day (50 degrees with no wind) is not the norm. Most tracks don't operate at those temps for insurance reasons. But my point is, that is not the norm. 112-113mph is the norm at 11.7s with warmer temps. I'm taking nothing away from Ed but even he was very transparent that this wasn't the norm. When I talk about anything online in threads like this, it's never about the exception because that is not attainable for 98% of the people viewing this. This happened in 2004. With better technology 17 years later, there is a reason why nobody has surpassed it. That is all I'm trying to say.

with ideal conditions on a cold day (50 degrees with no wind) is not the norm. Most tracks don't operate at those temps for insurance reasons
That's not true here in the us,listen I go to track alot in the us,and we just spent 4 straight weeks at the track,they dont let guys run usually in the 30s,50s is spring and fall weather here in the northeast and it's fair game and alot guys who I wont post about have set world records In temps in the 50s.

When I talk about anything online in threads like this, it's never about the exception because that is not attainable for 98% of the people viewing this.
You should be more specific then.we are not talking about avg times but what can be attained,ed went 11.3 on a stock turbo motor stock intercooler 9n a bullshit red stripe converter 26 slicks no drag radial,stock ecm single nozzle alky with 93 octane.no new teck guys aren't trying nowadays that's the truth

Funny how your old thread just surfaced in the timeslip and database section with you referencing your low 11sec TA49 combo. I thought you ran 10.60's with it?? 1.52 sixty foot was the best sixty foot at that time too. LOL!!

Funny how your old thread just surfaced in the timeslip and database section with you referencing your low 11sec TA49 combo. I thought you ran 10.60's with it?? 1.52 sixty foot was the best sixty foot at that time too. LOL!!
I went 10.60 I don't post everytime I lay a number down and tell everything at the time I do it. If you personally need the Time slip I still believe I have it.want Ed's too,or Bob's or John's,or perhaps a 109 pass that your stage car cant run

I went 10.60 I don't post everytime I lay a number down and tell everything at the time I do it. If you personally need the Time slip I still believe I have it.want Ed's too,or Bob's or John's,or perhaps a 109 pass that your stage car cant run
I'm good thanks. I don't own a track car, that doesn't interest me. Could care less who is faster than me either, too old for that. 109 or not, I'm not built that way, never was, never will be. My makeover thread shows exactly what I built and how I plan to use it. Setting records wasn't on the list.

My apologies to the OP for cluttering your thread.

My stock long block loved the 6768

but the pos 9x11 didn’t still managed a 10.97 Witj a shitty 1.69 60ft in like 08 .. tuned by me with Eric’s chip an scanmaster lol. 3770lb with me in it had weld magnums only weight loss I was 200 lb

Last edited:
My stock long block loved the 6768

but the pos 9x11 didn’t still managed a 10.97 Witj a shitty 1.69 60ft in like 08 .. tuned by me with Eric’s chip an scanmaster lol. 3770lb with me in it had weld magnums only weight loss I was 200 lb
That's solid!I cant imagine a 68 ex wheel without higher compression from what I've seen. on a stock motor with very low compression and a very small rpm range/window what you did is impressive.when we run stocking motors with 58mm /49 turbos the ex housing could be no larger than .63 even spraying nitrous I couldn't utilize more than a 63.the .85 really killed it.did you leave on a high rpm/boost leave then lock it down In 3rd?

Head gasket had been lifting for awhile it blew at the 1k ft mark .. that was 11 yrs ago has a 212/212 in it now an Dan Strezo heads an 5 ing rjc dp
I was going for a 10.60 then