Venting Gas Tank

Mr Spool i have run stock short block with cam change and champion heads into the very low 10's that is not the point.
I said the ta49 turbo on stock motor will not run 10.60. I have seen stock short block with heads etc run in the 9's it's about the turbo we are talking about!!!!!

it's about the turbo we are talking about!!!!!
i already went 10.6 with a 49 and it has been 10.8 on a 49 with an unopened motor.if i can go a 10.6 in a heavy car, in a light car it will go faster especially on a pro.

Murphster went 11.2 at 119 on a stock long block and stock turbo. No reason a TA-49 can't go 10.6 with a stock long block and stock turbo. Three guys that can pull it off would be Mr Spool, Murpster and Paulie.

I said the ta49 turbo on stock motor will not run 10.60.
it sure will in the right car.all mine had was a ported stock head all that does is change the boost level needed to hit that mark.we were never talking about a bone stock motor and 49 anyway but again 49 has been 10.8s unopened,2 tenths on todays teck if not a far reach

Murphster went 11.2 at 119 on a stock long block and stock turbo. No reason a TA-49 can't go 10.6 with a stock long block and stock turbo. Three guys that can pull it off would be Mr Spool, Murpster and Paulie.
i love a good bet ;)

Brad, if you read that thread carefully you would realize that Murphster's 11.2 @ 119mph pass was done at 3100 pounds "WITH" driver, while everyone else in the thread doing the same thing that was at "FULL WEIGHT" was just breaking into the high 11's.... No full weight Buick with a stock longblock and turbo will run 11.20's.

Brad, if you read that thread carefully you would realize that Murphster's 11.2 @ 119mph pass was done at 3100 pounds "WITH" driver, while everyone else in the thread doing the same thing that was at "FULL WEIGHT" was just breaking into the high 11's.... No full weight Buick with a stock longblock and turbo will run 11.20's.
Read it very carefully. Murphster is one of the best in the business...and I learned early on who knows their shit...and who doesn't.

Read it very carefully. Murphster is one of the best in the business...
No one is disputing that. But saying 11.20's and leaving out a key ingredient (weight) to those that have not seen that thread is very misleading. 3100 pounds with driver with a TH400 on a transbrake isn't the norm with guys trying this. Knowing the full story paints a clearer picture. His accomplishment to this day is still amazing and fully documented if anyone wants to chase that record.

Ed brewer went 11.3 118 with a stoc turbo and motor,200 r4 26 inch tire and full weight

No one is disputing that. But saying 11.20's and leaving out a key ingredient (weight) to those that have not seen that thread is very misleading. 3100 pounds with driver with a TH400 on a transbrake isn't the norm with guys trying this. Knowing the full story paints a clearer picture. His accomplishment to this day is still amazing and fully documented if anyone wants to chase that record
Ed had a trans brake on his 200.i went off the foot brake and so did my friend and we nailed down 1.41 to 1.45 60fts,on 49 turbos.i believe ed went 1.48 60ft

Ed's car really got it done, pump gas alky car,even a stock intercooler with a dutt neck.
I know another Buick guy from NY named Ed. Owned a motorcycle shop at one point I believe. Conversed with him on the boards quite a bit over the years. You likely know him. He posts on the other board still occasionally.

But saying 11.20's and leaving out a key ingredient (weight) to those that have not seen that thread is very misleading.
Nobody is trying to mislead anyone here,I listed my weight,how someone gets there time is cool by me,power to weight ratio is very important,I have said all along in a lighter car and a 49,someone could go faster than me at 10.6,I had to really push the combo and car to et that well at the heavier weight.

I know another Buick guy from NY named Ed. Owned a motorcycle shop at one point I believe. Conversed with him on the boards quite a bit over the years. You likely know him. He posts on the other board still occasionally.
PM his mane I will see

Nobody is trying to mislead anyone here,I listed my weight,how someone gets there time is cool by me,power to weight ratio is very important,I have said all along in a lighter car and a 49,someone could go faster than me at 10.6,I had to really push the combo and car to et that well at the heavier weight.
I've got vids on what I did to remove weight from my car. Wish I had of weighed it before I did everything. Pretty lite on the scales when I got done. The Billet Specialty rims...were lighter than a frisbee. ;)