Best cam for a TA 49.

deezdad

If your stocker is bad theres a few that come to mind speed pro 194/204.. Lunati 200/200.. 206/206 would be the biggest I'd go

hensleyt

Fullthrottle is the only one that has a roller that just needs springs changed.
Every thing else you will need to modify the guide to except the extra left. I seen somewhere a 3800 cam install but I think a bunch of mods needed too.
I had a local shop modified mine payed way to much and after about a year all the valve seals fell off and started smoking.
I went with a set of Champion irons no regrets.

Anarchy

One fast Hot Air
stock cam or as others have said above,but you will need to stay in that range.i used 100lb valve springs with a stock cam and 49 and it ran 10s.
Thank you. So all I gotta do is the springs and leave my stock cam. That saves me alot of money. Thank you so much.

GNVYUS 1

I've loved the 210/215 roller with my TA49 spinning to 6k. Combo matters, other more qualified builders will comment on factors that fit this question more but I have max ported stock heads, intake and eliminated a lot of back pressure.

bison

Staff member
A cam with close to stock overlap. If you want one DM. You are lift limited unless you machine the exhaust guide down