Belt tensioner

How often do these go bad??

Mine is original and 26 years old and works fine.

If I had the mentality of buying every discontinued part in hopes that I might need it I might as well just buy another GN or a SWEET/T.
I read a couple posts from folks whose VSS's went bad giving them a code 24. I think mine just went bad a couple days ago. My car has close to 200k miles on it. You guys should be aware that there are GN owners who work for dealerships and are constantly watching for indications that certain parts are/will be discontinued. They then buy up the remaining stock. Kirban has said that they constantly discontinue parts so it wouldn't hurt to buy two of everything when it comes to sensors and body parts. If you think the prices are high now, just wait till you need something that is discontinued and not available for ANY price!

My tensioner also had the broken ear but I lucked out a few years ago and got one on ebay for $100 with a billet TA pulley.

Buying spare parts for our cars is like buying shares of stock...when the parts are readily available, nobody buys a spare. Then when they become "unobtanium" everybody wants one and the price goes up. Which brings me to a stock tip.....I recently bought shares of stock in the National Bank of Greece (NBG) for $4/share. Now it is about $6. When Greece gets their act together, everybody will want shares of NBG and the price will go higher.

I remember when I painted my car back in '02 and headlight bezels were $20. I never could get around to ordering a new pair of them...

I remember when I painted my car back in '02 and headlight bezels were $20. I never could get around to ordering a new pair of them...
Bet you wish you had 50 sets sitting around now! Black door handles are still available, last I checked, if anyone cares. So are the plastic spoilers that attach under the front bumper, last I checked.

A buddy that was a Purdue student and is a board member brought his car over so I could help him get it running better and his car had a broken tensioner ear and we hopped in my car and took it to a weld shop. They got it welded back together and didn't charge him a dime. I happened to know a few people who work there.

34k after 20 years. Maybe my tensioner was manufactured on a Friday.

My hood liner is trashed. I refuse to buy one of those queer looking aftermarket ones or pay the rediculous money for a new one. All it takes is me leaving something under the hood and I'm out enough for a car payment

I read a couple posts from folks whose VSS's went bad giving them a code 24. I think mine just went bad a couple days ago. My car has close to 200k miles on it. You guys should be aware that there are GN owners who work for dealerships and are constantly watching for indications that certain parts are/will be discontinued. They then buy up the remaining stock. Kirban has said that they constantly discontinue parts so it wouldn't hurt to buy two of everything when it comes to sensors and body parts. If you think the prices are high now, just wait till you need something that is discontinued and not available for ANY price!
I own a 64 Max Wedge Dodge 440 and a 65 Plymouth Belvedere I Super Stock car....lets talk rare and expensive parts. I'll leave the 409 car out of the conversation.

My springs are still hanging in there, but does anyone have the part # for the bearing?

Thanks

Coach: I know that you can buy the cheap plastic pulley with bearing installed, but I want to repair the metal (stock) pulley and need the PN for the bearing that is pressed into it...