Before Black BS'ing thread.

I had a 79 wagon for 15 years as a family car. I loved that car for the way it drove and looked. It did cause me a lot of work though. The thrust main went on it, the TH200 went, and the carrier and axle bearings went twice. I put a TH350 in it and a new crank and drove it another 150,000 miles. The people that bought it were thrilled with it's condition. It was always kept under cover.

Firebirds not fixed yet, Durango aparently jumped a tooth on the timing set, and im convined a demon lives in the igition system of the jeep.

Assuming I dont get the firebird fuel injector issue fixed it looks like im going to be back driving the Olds.

The most reliable vehicles are the oldest I guess...

Has anyone else had a bitch of a week? To top it off, while at work today I broke my glasses and had to have a co-worker drive me home to get an old pair so I could still work.:mad: Everything this week has been screwed up starting with the ice we got overnight Sunday.:devil:

Someone would be all over that if it was on this site. That's dirt cheap. I wonder if that's a Turbo cam?

Malibu was stolen outta my yard last night and can't do shit about it cause it wasn't in my name..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Progress on the spare 4.1 stroker. When I degreed the flat tappet cam I swapped from the 3.8, I checked piston to valve clearance. I had a bunch. With the same block dimensions and identical cam timing, lift, and LSA, the roller cam on my old 4.1 stroker ( the one I broke the block on) had almost not enough. The shape of the lobes and the rapid ramps on the roller really made a difference in the clearance.

P3190033.JPG

Back driving the cutlass, forgot how nice it was to drive a car with a little cam lope. Yeah, craprango broke again.

Oil pump primed and valves adjusted. Intake and valve covers and I'm done. When will it run? Maybe not until the fall, unless I break the other engine.

P3200036.JPG

What`s up guys, haven`t been on in awhile. I put the car on the back burner for the winter. I think the 350 spun a rod, so I am trying to decide what to do with it now. I really want to put a supercharged 3800 in it for gas mileage, so I can afford to drive it and just for fun too. But I need to make a shopping list. What route should I go that is easiest as far as the fuel system goes?