Before Black BS'ing thread.

You need a hobby. Ever try needlepoint? You are giving me goose bumps. Hurry and build it.

:D LOL, I actually generally have way too much on my plate most of the time... its stupid.. dont take on too many projects. I didnt have an ounce of "mota"-vation to work on what i needed too yesterday but i did feel like playing around. Normally if i have down time, im out in the back splitting wood for the winter. but yesterday was a drinking and bench racing with my neighbor. It will be a bit of time before i really get to putting this motor together... im actually finally right on the verge of finishing my little pontiac super duty so thats where ive been pointing most of "my" car time when not working on customers or fleet repairs.

In the voice of Borat "Very Nize!" What timing cover is that with the bent water pump and crank sensor?

Thank you:)!

timing cover is a stage 2 buick motor sports piece, the water pump had a regular outlet- but i had welded a new neck on it when i built my last dry sump engine for clearance. Crank sensor is for that vintage BMS waste spark ignition.

455 Super Duty or 421? I worked on a Super Duty in a Firebird in the late 70's. I think it was a 75. It had a sticker on the firewall that gave the rod torque specs. That was the only clue as to what it was. A customer bought it for his 17 year old son. Unfortunatly, the son put it into a pine tree and died in the crash. I can still see that red car and remember how rare it was. That shop was a hot rodders heaven. Every muscle car ever made passed through the doors, along with the weird cars people wanted modified. A 200 cu in Falcon 6 into a Citroen? We did it. Build a bulletproof Toyota Landcruiser for Samosa of Nicaragua? Yup. Restore a 1953 Cunningham? Only one I ever saw. I had a 1950 Ford at the time and realized many of the parts came from a 1950 Ford, except the engine was a 331 Hemi. How I ended up liking Buick V6's is another story.

I wanted to say thank you to all of your guys... I'm taking a new trucking job in Utah and won't be home and OTR for the next year. I put my car with someone's personal collection of muscle cars in an indoor climate controlled garage, right next to a 65 el camino SS, a 65 ford mustang, and below some Mercedes coupe from 1960 that the owner said was worth about 125k... All in all I think my car is next to some good company. Give myself something to aspire to...

Well I hope y'all take care, and if I'm nearby don't cut me off... I'll run your ass over,

Take it easy y'all...

Romone B

455 Super Duty or 421? I worked on a Super Duty in a Firebird in the late 70's. I think it was a 75. It had a sticker on the firewall that gave the rod torque specs. That was the only clue as to what it was. A customer bought it for his 17 year old son. Unfortunatly, the son put it into a pine tree and died in the crash. I can still see that red car and remember how rare it was. That shop was a hot rodders heaven. Every muscle car ever made passed through the doors, along with the weird cars people wanted modified. A 200 cu in Falcon 6 into a Citroen? We did it. Build a bulletproof Toyota Landcruiser for Samosa of Nicaragua? Yup. Restore a 1953 Cunningham? Only one I ever saw. I had a 1950 Ford at the time and realized many of the parts came from a 1950 Ford, except the engine was a 331 Hemi. How I ended up liking Buick V6's is another story.

I dream of actually having a original Super Duty, I have always wanted one! With how rare they are now, I don't see it fitting my budget anytime soon...lol. But the one I'm building is literally a "little" Super Duty. Its the Pontiac iron duke 4 cyl, but in a version just like a stage 2 Buick. Splayed port head, lightened forged crank, aluminum rods, solid roller, Ross pistons, twin side drafts and hopefully the last piece I need is a turbo from Brian. Going to be dropped in my daily driven S10 with a T5. Should be a nice and spirited little truck :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I dream of actually having a original Super Duty, I have always wanted one! With how rare they are now, I don't see it fitting my budget anytime soon...lol. But the one I'm building is literally a "little" Super Duty. Its the Pontiac iron duke 4 cyl, but in a version just like a stage 2 Buick. Splayed port head, lightened forged crank, aluminum rods, solid roller, Ross pistons, twin side drafts and hopefully the last piece I need is a turbo from Brian. Going to be dropped in my daily driven S10 with a T5. Should be a nice and spirited little truck :D

The SD blocks and parts are still being made Aj. When Pontiac quit making them someone bought the rights and is making them.;)

The Iron Duke is a tough little engine. You should be able to trounce some Hondas with it.

The Iron Duke is a tough little engine. You should be able to trounce some Hondas with it.

Trounce hondas indeed, exactly the plan that was conceived some 5 years ago between Charlie and I. But it was mainly cause all my freinds have S10's with small block power and on a cruise they would flat leave my poor stock 4 banger in the dust. I couldnt take it anymore but refused to go V8... and so my obsession took over and finally, its almost done.

i have waaay too many projects! lol. :D

Had the 455 sitting around for a few years ago am trying to clean up my junk so I listed it for $300. No bites. Finally had a guy call and say he wanted to get it so I threw a holley dad had laying around on, bought the cheapest set of plugwires, threw the distributor in time, and it ran! I tell ya, engines want to run!

Click on pic to view videos

Thought it died because it ran out of fuel, actually I couldnt keep the ingition wire ontop of the aligator clip and hold camera with a hand so i tried again without my beautiful voice.

Haven't you guys heard man...fuel injection is the wave of the future.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4