Before Black BS'ing thread.

Let us know what brand it is and how it works. I've been looking at Eastwood's, and also there is supposed to be a new Miller machine that can Tig, Mig, and stick weld all in one machine. I have an Eastwood 175 Mig, with a spool gun for aluminum. It was hard to get it to work right. Seemed like too much heat on the recommended settings. I finally got it to weld aluminum after I figured out that wire brushing was not enough to clean the aluminum. A fine grinding disk did the job, and then it would weld fairly well. Have fun with the new toy.

I have the Harbor Freight digital tig/stick welder and I love it!

It was a bear to get used to since it doesnt toggle the amps its just on/off. but i learned to fire it with one hand with my other on the amps knob and then switch to filler rod pretty well. Doesnt do aluminum since its only a DC machine.... but for the price.... hard to beat and once learned, im keeping up with the bigger lincons at work like a champ. Welded that stainless downpipe i showed ya'll awhile back and has done most of the work on my chassis.

I have the Harbor Freight digital tig/stick welder and I love it!

It was a bear to get used to since it doesnt toggle the amps its just on/off. but i learned to fire it with one hand with my other on the amps knob and then switch to filler rod pretty well. Doesnt do aluminum since its only a DC machine.... but for the price.... hard to beat and once learned, im keeping up with the bigger lincons at work like a champ. Welded that stainless downpipe i showed ya'll awhile back and has done most of the work on my chassis.
Thats what I got ,figured it would be good to learn on and cheap all I will use it for is chopping tops and sheet metal work. Next project 32 dodge 3window coupe it will be chopped 3 inches in the rear 3,5 in the front, the doors suicided and stretched 5inches with b pillars tilted 2.5 degrees forward and the rear quarters cut above tire openings and slid forward4 inches and the rear window cut out and replaced with a 1933 chevy half moon rear window, semi channeled on 34 ford rails fenderless

Thats alot more creative than how I would use a tig! I would probably just put some pipes together... Theres a Miller diversion 165 sitting at my job, just havnt asked how to use it yet. Still gotta find a project for it though....

Hey guys, out of hibernation:)... Are all G-body steering columns that same? Mine is more that shot.
Its been a while for me too...
still have my car on the lift after winter storage. one of these days i will pull it off... that is if it ever stays warm.:mad:
So, what has everyone been up to?

Hey guys, out of hibernation:)... Are all G-body steering columns that same? Mine is more that shot.
Its been a while for me too...
still have my car on the lift after winter storage. one of these days i will pull it off... that is if it ever stays warm.:mad:
So, what has everyone been up to?

Ive been driving my car. Ive managed to dodge all the snow thankfully. I dont have my speedo hooked up so I dont know how many miles Im putting on, but I estimate about 13MPG. Yeah, I lost 7MPG going from 2.41's to 3.42's. Yikes!

Once Im dont with the semester Im sticking my 2004R and D5 converter in.

Dont have the pic of it in the car but trust me, its in.

SOOOOOO

Lesson of the day..........

If a fuel cap says its vented.... double check to see which direction it is vented. Out, In, or both.

I just about burned my daughters car to the ground yesterday........ tank over pressureized and popped a fuel line off the barbs on a fitting. if it wasnt for me having an ample supply of fire extingushers.... i might be scrapping 2 H-Bodys.

lmao, hilarious....... got all the burned stuff fixed, cleaned up a bunch of the smog controls and got her running real good! thermostat housing corroded away this morning. whoever designed the bracket system for a 2.5L H-body needs to be smashed in the face with a lead pipe. 5 minute part.... 2 hours of bracket removal. what a marooon!