BBQ grill

The key to making a gas grill have better flavor is to line up grilling rocks under the grill/grate. When the food drippings start to collect, every time you turn the grill on it smells as if food is already on it. It seasons it. I've had the same rocks for 4 years. When the grill gets hot your mouth will start watering.

reminds me of the old married with children episode where Al's grandmas ashes were in the grill...er somthin like that

get charcol...heat em up and use hickory, mesquite or apple chips depending on vittles, pre soaked in Jack Dans with honey...soak the chips for about 4 days in the fridge..bag enough of em per serving then stick in the freezer...when its time..toss em on the hot coals..removed from the bag of course...works great with fish and apple chips

ummmmmyummmy

I agree on charcoal, but... I have had two Weber Genesis grilles over the years. Hard to beat. But when I move and retire, I will add a charcoal grille to the mix.

I grill year-round. Had to clear it off with a MAPP torch last week. You can't beat charcoal for taste, but gas is best for convenience. I have a Weber Genesis plumbed into my natural gas line. Never runs out. Like someone else said, with the Webers you can slow-roast stuff easier due to their design. I've cooked roasts and really thick steaks without turning them into carbon with the Weber. There are no briquets, so no opportunity to add 'flavored' stuff to it.

Jim

I have a weber kettle, a brinkman gas grill, an orion cooker and a brinkman smoker. I really like the kettle. I just use a chimney starter for the charcoal and chicken is done in an hour and 15. This year I cooked a turkey in the orion cooker and it cooked fast (2 hours for 18lbs) and it holds 5 racks of pork back ribs. The only drawback to the orion cooker is the amount of charcoal it uses (one 13lbs bag of quick light charcoal). So you'll want to be ready to cook alot of meat. It does a great job and meat taste good. I'm going to spend the time to learn how to use the gas grill as soon as spring hits. I bought a smoke chip box for the gas grill. try to stay with stainless steel if you buy a smoke chip box ($10.00 at lowes). The smoker works really good on fish, but I have temperature control problems with pork. I usually always fall back to the kettle. Sometimes you can find someone giving a kettle or even gas grills away on craigslist.

Ratfink

Where does one get "grilling rocks". I've seen ceramic type briquets...are those the same thing?

I've never had a grill. Would like to get propane. Any advice on what I should look for? FYI. I'm in Hawaii...so year round use and will be outside behind the house.

Hank Hill would be proud. :D

Can't beat propane for quick convience. You can get covers for most grills that will help keep them clean and in good shape. I've got a Charking from Lowe's that I thought was a good value. For travel we usually get a disposable grill and that gives us our occasional charcoal fix.

Hello, Ryan!
Hello Friend, I see you are looking for a grill, well, I remember myself looking for one a few months back, so the electric or pellet bbquing grill would be worth trying out, but for friend hangouts on the go, the portable grill comes in handy too. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Lol, there's never a thread too old when it comes to grilling. Agreed, charcoal does taste the best but they make packets
that are thrown into a propane one that makes up for some of the flavor loss.
I have a Weber 22.5" charcoal from the early 80s and it's still going strong. Not long ago I got a Weber Q-1200 propane that is great. Small but gets used almost everyday and doesn't use a ton of gas. It's true, size doesn't matter if you know how to use it. :ROFLMAO: What's a stove for again?

Lol, there's never a thread too old when it comes to grilling. Agreed, charcoal does taste the best but they make packets
that are thrown into a propane one that makes up for some of the flavor loss.
I have a Weber 22.5" charcoal from the early 80s and it's still going strong. Not long ago I got a Weber Q-1200 propane that is great. Small but gets used almost everyday and doesn't use a ton of gas. It's true, size doesn't matter if you know how to use it. :ROFLMAO: What's a stove for again?

Hint:

Translator Cover T Type SS.jpg

I just got a Weber Q last March vacationing in Florida. I use it just about every day. :cool:

I know u said propane but I love the taste off my big green egg . And I can smoke with it also