BB Coolant Line flow direction

NVRL8

Huge Member
I am in the process of hooking up the coolant lines to my newly installed 6157BB. I am tapping into the throttle body heater hose to run the coolant lines to the turbo. My question - Is there a specific inlet and outlet with respect the water line connections on the turbo? Or is it all good as long as coolant is passing through no matter the direction of flow?

I have seen the water lines connected, on separate BB turbo cars, with flow going different ways. Just wondering if there is a "correct" way.

I dont think it makes a difference. The turbo doesnt care whether the water is coming into the front and going out the back or vice-versa. Just as long as you hook up the water...thats whats important.;) Read a post a few days ago about someone not hooking up the water at all...:confused:

Let us know how u like that new turbo. Going from a ta-49 to that 6157 ought to make your back tires nervous.:eek: :D

I feed the low side and drain out the high side.

Slightly more resitance and work for the pump to do when running, but when you shut the car off gravity keeps the cartridge water filled in case there's some boiling or pecolating going on in there, it stays full of water since the drain is uphill.

On a hot day in summer you can hear it.

That was my logic anyway, but I use 5/8" hose and adapters from the heater stuff for more volume as well.

It probably doesn't matter much.... :p