battery cable to alternator oil pan cable holder

Turbo V6 231

weekend warrior
looking for the plastic thing that holds the positive cable wire along the front of the oil pan so it can route up to the alternator,let me know if you have one and can post a picture here, thanks or pm me

That part has been obsolete for years, no longer available anywhere. It's two parts, the mounting being the problem part. In the past, I have changed the routing, run the cable above, behind the intake.

Is the new one you sell long enough to do that? Never understood why they didn't do that originally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I don't know. Back when I was fitting that stuff, I'd make it to whatever length would work - the advantages of having racks full of wire and cable. I'd have to look into that.

Maybe you could make something that would work! Try a piece of plastic conduit and get those zip ties with the ring on the end. Don't know if those rings are big enough to get over a 8mm thread?? Usually that Plastic piece is still around it's the tube that disappears then you just zip ties it and done.

Yea, I would prefer to run it on top, but if it has to go on the bottom I would like to use the correct part to hold it there, thanks for the input

If you can't find that plastic part, you can route the stock cable on top; behind the accumulator, follow the oval conduit, place under the coil pack, then route alongside and under the fuel rail on the drivers side. The stock extension is about 6 ft. long, and should be enough to get to the alternator stud without stretching it.