Bates Nut Farm Turbo Buick car show 6-4-17

yup had a awesome time today it was good finally seeing Lee Skyhawk and glad to see he's getting around better after knee surgery. There was a group of cars on the 15 that i passed and slowed down to let them pass me (i was in the TTA) wasn't trying to race was shooting video on the go pro. if you guys don't mind i'll put the vids on youtube i know a couple of them have plate #'s visible in video. thanks Mike, Eric and crew and also to Pete for the cool poster and shirt design.

IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0485.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0454.JPG

6:15 PM

I just got home from the event. Left Lake Forest at about 11:30 today.

As usual, I had a wonderful time! I even won a drawing prize that I elected to keep!!!!

And, as usual, Mike, Eric, and the whole bunch of folks that pitched in to make this thing happen came through like gangbusters again.

It was nice to see the cool people I've already come to know and to meet some really neat people I had not yet met. My only regsure there are many I wasn't able to get the time to meet and talk to......

See ya'll next year.

Next year I would really like to see people hang longer. Seems like once the raffle is done that's it. I really enjoy the event each and every year but it seems so short. Maybe push the raffle back 2 hours?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Next year I would really like to see people hang longer. Seems like once the raffle is done that's it. I really enjoy the event each and every year but it seems so short. Maybe push the raffle back 2 hours?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would like to agree, but the raffle usually starts around 1 pm and finishes at 2 pm. It's sort of the pinnacle of the event, though I see it as more of a bonus. Mind you, this is on a Sunday afternoon and many, many folks have given up time at the end of a weekend to attend.

Mike (and his 2 guys) & Eric, they probably get up at a minimum of 4 AM just to get out there and get the event set up.

At 2PM, they are tired, really, really tired. They bust their asses for this event, they do it every year.

Traffic sorta sucks on the way back North for everyone..... Really Sucks. I can't imagine it's any better South bound.

You can't expect those from the OC and further north that have to work on Monday to be excited to stick around after 2-3 PM, and then fight traffic all the way home, but I could be wrong.

I'll do you one better and say we should all meet for dinner somewhere at about 7- 8PM the night before, Leave the wives and kids behind until Sunday, and do some shit talking.

But that's just me and my crazy thinking.........

Last edited:
Speaking of OLD friends, you coming to BG, this year??
I'll have the harem there, for you to lust on!!:D

Glad you guys had a good time!:cool:
Maybe I will , Chuck speaking of which, did you ever get your teeth back that you forgot at the hotel , You know the ones you forgot & left on the night stand . :wacky:

Preparing the vendor follow-up and Thank Yous and I'm having a hard time determining who won the HR Parts gift certificates from the photos.

Would the individuals who won these please PM me so I can post the appropriate pic on the facebook page?

=Eric