Bates Nut Farm Turbo Buick car show 6-4-17

hey Lou
you guys wanna hang out at Round Table pizza in foothill Ranch
Saturday night??
I can reserve the party room they have cold beer and wine???/

Well, ain't this just freekin' great......

It's 4 days before the show so I figure I'll drive the Buick into work and get her detailed so she's all gussied up and purdy looking.

For whatever reason, our detail manager put a rookie detailer on the car and he used a green microfiber towel with paint thinner on it to remove the tire burn out residue. So, when you guys see the white TR with a green haze coming up through the paint, you'll know who's car it is.

At least I know someone that can fix it. I've been wanting to give her some new paint for a good long while but it never seemed to be the right time. This will force my hand. :rolleyes:

I'll see everyone on Sunday!

Last edited:
...So, when you guys see the white TR with a green haze coming up through the paint, you'll know who's car it is....

Sounds like it spent a winter outside in the Northwest.

Sorry to hear that. I really like a clean white vehicle.

We'll see what we can do to mitigate the damage tomorrow. My paint restoration guy is pretty good, but this looks to have gone pretty deep. :(

Never-the-less, I'm looking forward to see old friends and meeting new people!

Hey Beto! I'm bringing your fuel pump. You remember, the one you bought in Bowling Green last September...... ?

Last edited:
We'll see what we can do to mitigate the damage tomorrow. My paint restoration guy is pretty good, but this looks to have gone pretty deep. :(

Never-the-less, I'm looking forward to see old friends and meeting new people!

Hey Beto! I'm bringing your fuel pump. You remember, the one you bought in Bowling Green last September...... ?
Perfect!!! Thank you very much!!
See you soon!

I'm gonna have to cancel. I just closed on my house and have sold my fifth wheel so I get to move this weekend.:):mad::cool:

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 3.20.26 PM.png

Will be bringing my old 85 turbo hydroboost setup if anyone is interested. Will be on the look out for a power steering reservoir for my 87 swap.

Another year without my car... it will be there for damn sure next year..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk