Baseline/Static Fuel pressure

Just an update to this seemingly never ending saga..haha Did the return line fuel pressure test. Pressure drops fine with the line off. Ordered the 255lph pump from Eric@TT to replace whatever behemoth is in the tank now. Pump goes in Monday and hopefully that solves this issue. Also, put a scanmaster in the car and all the settings that the person who did the work on the car supposedly did, were off. TPS, IAC, etc.. I fixed all these, as well. Again, thank you all for your help and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Just my opinion...but I think guys go overboard with the size of fuel pumps in regards to their HP goals. I run a 255 with the stock lines and have zero issues. ET and MPH and build are in my sig.

Just my opinion...but I think guys go overboard with the size of fuel pumps in regards to their HP goals. I run a 255 with the stock lines and have zero issues. ET and MPH and build are in my sig.

I agree. I can understand giving yourself room to grow, but putting a fuel pump in a car for a 1000HP setup that won't see 500HP is silly.

Just an update to this seemingly never ending saga..haha Did the return line fuel pressure test. Pressure drops fine with the line off. Ordered the 255lph pump from Eric@TT to replace whatever behemoth is in the tank now. Pump goes in Monday and hopefully that solves this issue. Also, put a scanmaster in the car and all the settings that the person who did the work on the car supposedly did, were off. TPS, IAC, etc.. I fixed all these, as well. Again, thank you all for your help and suggestions. Much appreciated.

It's nice to read a progress update. Many times an original poster never shares how things turned out. Looks like both you and your Dad with soon be enjoying the car as it should be now that this headache has been worked through.

New 255lph pump is in. The pump in there was a Walbro/TI 400lph. What is wrong with people? haha! Car runs great. I reset the ECM and she is getting a feel for her new legs. Thanks again for the suggestions and help!

I agree. I can understand giving yourself room to grow, but putting a fuel pump in a car for a 1000HP setup that won't see 500HP is silly.
I can't agree with you guys . I would have went with a 450lphr pump . It's better to buy it once then several times . I have heard ppl say they only want 400 hp so they get a 255 pump and some 42 lb injectors . A year later when they are still adding mods they will be going to 60lb injectors . A 255 is maxed out at 425-450hp I wish someone would have told me to go striat to 80lbs it would have saved me a lot of money . And the 80s drove perfectly fine on the street .Anyway just my opinion

Easy to say, but that requires new lines. The car was running awful with a 400lph pump. Totally unnecessary for my 65 year old dad's weekend cruiser. Mid to high 11's will be just fine once the turbo/alky setup goes on. All depends on your goals.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No fuel issues here with 80's and a 255 on VP 112. I ran out of injector with 60's on the 6.7 run...but all's well with the 80's. Alky's a fuel...and will give you even more room.

No fuel issues here with 80's and a 255 on VP 112. I ran out of injector with 60's on the 6.7 run...but all's well with the 80's. Alky's a fuel...and will give you even more room.
Seems to be the consensus. A local guy I was talking to is running a walbro 340 with 72# injectors and no issues. He said the car goes mid-low 10's just fine. Sounds like your car gets out pretty good, too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

New 255lph pump is in. The pump in there was a Walbro/TI 400lph. What is wrong with people? haha! Car runs great. I reset the ECM and she is getting a feel for her new legs. Thanks again for the suggestions and help!

Maybe sell that Walbro 400 to recoup some of your costs for the scanmaster and 255 pump. Either here or ebay, maybe list it for 50-60 percent of the retail cost of a new one. you know it works fine. someone can use it.