Bart sporting some new paint

ttypewhite

In February of this year we decided to paint the ol boy's car. It's a low mileage 87 GN that only comes out on good days. Problem was the original paint was starting to give up the ghost and the same with the smoked over bumper fillers. It was good from afar but far from good. So we drove it down to the body shop for a complete paint job.

They started stripping it down

And brought the hood down to bare metal

Prepped for paint

Painted the hood, bumpers and trunk lid off of the car

Painted the car

Last edited:
Started assembling it

The bodyshop had the car for a couple months. The paint job came out beautiful, but the clean up was another job all in itself. We had to wash down the motor and interior to bring it back to life, put on our badges because we were very particular about that, repaired the headliner, put on some new center caps, MT drag radials and gave it a good cleaning, and waxed him up.

Here is the finished product of me and the ol boy working on this from April.

WOW! Looks awesome!
BART also runs low 9's the way it sits with slicks, my son ttypewhite has lead the way with his time and labour to get the car to where it is at. I enjoy cruising and just getting on it every now and then, i come back with a smile on my face. The wife must think what is that old pervert up too lol.