Barrett Jackson - Scotssdale, AZ 2010

One GNX went for 69k, the second for 65k and both have an 8% seller fee so the seller only gets 59,800 plus consider the costs to get the car sent to the auction. With 3 GNX's at the same auction, you knew some would go cheap. I wonder what possesses any seller to sell his car at no reserve and if you knew a GNX or two was already going to be available at the auction, why would you add yours to the mix :confused:

and I actually got to watch it vs hear it in the background while talking about other crap :rolleyes: B-J sucks

One GNX went for 69k, the second for 65k and both have an 8% seller fee so the seller only gets 59,800 plus consider the costs to get the car sent to the auction.

i thought if the car sold for 65k the owner gets the full 65k, then the one who bought it pays b.j 10% com. making his car cost 71.5k then on top of that he has to pay his or hers sales tax.

1. GNX #078 - 4,700 Miles - $69K

2. GNX #452 - 7,000 Miles - $62K

3. GNX #275 - 1,200 Miles - $95K

i thought if the car sold for 65k the owner gets the full 65k, then the one who bought it pays b.j 10% com. making his car cost 71.5k then on top of that he has to pay his or hers sales tax.

I'm pretty sure the buyer and seller pay fees equalling 18% going into BJ's pocket... that's why the BJ crew claps when the big $$$$ are bid. I think they may have a special lesser % deal where if the bidding is very low, the seller can bid on his own car so he doesn't get totally screwed. Our cars seldom go for top $$ on BJ. It would seem to be more sensible to sell a TR on ebay with a reserve.

I've already done a general web search but didn't turn up anything. Does anyone know if there is a place on the web I may not have found that will show a rerun of the GNX that got coverage? :confused: Darn DVR screwed up and cut off.....I got everything but the GNX :(

I know they'll probably broadcast it again, and as much as I enjoy watching it, I would really just like to see the GNX roll across :cool:

A GNX with 1200 miles at $95k fetched the seller $87k. I guess that's about what it's worth to the seller. Buyer got screwed tho.

I'm pretty sure the buyer and seller pay fees equalling 18% going into BJ's pocket... that's why the BJ crew claps when the big $$$$ are bid. I think they may have a special lesser % deal where if the bidding is very low, the seller can bid on his own car so he doesn't get totally screwed. Our cars seldom go for top $$ on BJ. It would seem to be more sensible to sell a TR on ebay with a reserve.

BIDDER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Bidders will be issued a bidder paddle number only after all items have been received and your method of payment for vehicle purchases has been approved. Bidder credentials will not be issued if the application is incomplete or if required items are omitted.
•On-site Buyer's Premium: 10%
•Absentee Buyer's Premium: 12%

•On-site Automobilia Buyer's Premium: 15%
•Absentee Automobilia Buyer's Premium: 17%
Note: Payment is required for each vehicle purchased on the day of the sale. The Buyer's Premium is calculated and added to the Hammer Price. As the buyer, you are responsible for payment of this premium as well as all applicable fees and taxes at the time of payment.
Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - Bidder Information and Amenities

WHAT DOES IT COST TO SELL MY CAR?
To sell a vehicle at Barrett-Jackson, the Consignor is responsible for an entry fee as well as a Seller’s commission of 8% of the hammer price. The entry fee is determined by day and time of your Lot entry and includes tent space. Payment of fees without a signed contract does not constitute a consignment agreement.

Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - Consignment FAQs

Sellers Net: #78 = $63,480 - other fees, #275 = $87,400 - other fees, #452 = $57,040 - other fees

Buyers Paid: #78 = $75,900 + TTL (on $69K), #275 = $104,500 + TTL (on $95K), #452 = $68,200 + TTL (on $62K)

Still fairly respectable numbers when you consider the quantity present at the auction and the current economy. Seems to be mostly in-line with current fair market value/book values for similar examples. Also means buyers were willing to pay that much and sellers were willing to take that little.