Baffled Oil Pan & Auto-X

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Just a side note for people heading out to your local auto-x event! The stock factory single baffle in the oil pan certainly falls short when you get your car on an auto-x or Road course. Why? Because the factory baffle is located at the rear of the pan which was intentionally placed there for the cars acceleration to keep the oil from moving backwards under hard acceleration. Nothing is in place for hard cornering and worse yet hard Braking! Under hard braking with the stock oil pan the oil is lunged forward into the crank and away from your pick up tube. If you plan to run events like this with your new handling TR don't forget to upgrade to a nice baffled deep sump oil pan otherwise you will be rebuilding your engine due to oil starvation of the bearings!

I have worked with Jason Cramer of RJC racing to make a special baffled oil pan just for these events that has extra baffles in it to prevent oil from sloshing around under hard turns and braking. I have the pan on my engine now and will be doing some testing soon to see how well it works before being sold publicly.

As soon as we are done testing and Jason has more baffles made up we will be carrying these on our web site.

SW.

hello; I was watching more of that show showing AutoCross and Roadcourse on Speed as the channel repeats programs. Anyway they showed no turbo cars of any kind just big HP V8's and it's not that interesting to watch. But in my eyes a turbo car on the RC would shine more that in the AC. Also I just seen that there's going to be twin turbo cars running in the Indy car series this year.. Not that I'm real big on turbos just a few thoughts.
I like the oil pan idea..
IBBY

oh yea it was running until a could years ago i decided to fix a rusty roof that turned into a frame off. bodywork and paint is done suspension is done the motor is a girdled 109 that's from psi ied v6's car ken dutwiller did the machine work rob did the assembly. its pretty strong i had the heads ported last week and adding roller rocker to go with roller cam and RJC head gaskets, saw your post one the oil pan baffell figured i'll need one willow springs raceway is right down the street. depending on work hope to have it back together by fall.

I was talking about Scott.:p
Sorry Charlie I didn't know who you were talking about before...... Nope we haven't started it yet, we are waiting on the rebuilt turbo to come back from Bison.... The engine is in and I am doing a bunch of the final painting and stuff while the turbo was out...... Installed the new DSE steering shaft and a few other things....... The car won't be drivable until all the carbon stuff comes back so i'm not too rushed to get it running right now......

You are going to the nats aren't you Scott?o_O If you don't bring your car then more than a few guys will be dissapointed not to see it there.:(

You are going to the nats aren't you Scott?o_O If you don't bring your car then more than a few guys will be dissapointed not to see it there.:(
Which "Nat's" ? TB.com? I will be there but the car will not be there for that one, Once I heard the auto-x wasn't going to happen this year there was no rush anymore and with so many of my parts off the car and scattered all the way to CT it just isn't going to happen..... The car Will be ready and at BG for sure but we have a busy schedule.... I have a "Run to the Ole South" Pro touring event to attend on May 11-13 then a track rental with DSE at VIR and then the "Run to the Hills" pro-touring event in Sept 29-30 and then Bowling Green.....

Which "Nat's" ? TB.com? I will be there but the car will not be there for that one, Once I heard the auto-x wasn't going to happen this year there was no rush anymore and with so many of my parts off the car and scattered all the way to CT it just isn't going to happen..... The car Will be ready and at BG for sure but we have a busy schedule.... I have a "Run to the Ole South" Pro touring event to attend on May 11-13 then a track rental with DSE at VIR and then the "Run to the Hills" pro-touring event in Sept 29-30 and then Bowling Green.....
:(

Scot,
What is this "carbon stuff" you are talking about?
Conrad

Scot,
Any progress on oil pan? Got Ridetech Tru-Turn stuff installed yet?
Conrad

from what Scott told me awhile back it never got built. thinking about making my own i got a baffle template just need another oil pan to work on.