Bad plug wires?

87GNPEI

Yesterday I changed the plugs in my car because it wasn't runnin quite as well as I would like and I thought they were the culprit, turns out two of them were in finger tight and not sealing at all, previous owners fault, anyway I put in AC CR43TS as recommended, started the car up and it idled not too bad, as soon as I put the car in hear it stalled, started it up and went for a drive, seemed that any time I pressed on the pedal with any force and put a load on the motor it would cut out and miss etc. In park revving the engine it seems alright, I'm wondering if I didn't disturb the wires enough when I changed the plugs that now they won't fire under load? The car had sat for two years before I bought it so maybe they broke down enough in that time ?

Also the check engine light came on so I'm going to check the code with the old Snap on Brick tonight

The car was running bad enough that it would probably through an o2 code, and yeah I was in the process of doing a bunch off stuff to it because of it not running

Wasn't wires going to replace vacuum lines next after I check the code wasn't a productive night last night

Are you sure the plug wires are on correctly? Autozone has the Bosch premium sparkplug wires for less than $30.00 they are gray with black boots and they work great and come with a lifetime warranty no questions asked if you want to return them for a new set anytime. I have a set here i keep on hand for a spare and to use as replacements if i suspect my MSD wires have become a problem.For the money you can't go wrong and you can still buy the high dollar sparkplug wires for the bling factor.

Yes I had the diagram that numbers the coils and cylinders and I'm in little old PEI Canada no auto zone here haha

It's not that anyway I already tried a new set

So, where did you get your new wires from and what brand are they? just curious because that was fast since you just posted this yesterday.

Tell us a bit about your car, how long have you had it,how many miles does it have on it and how many miles have you put on it? did it ever run right since you bought it? Did it stall before you put the new plugs in or just not idle smooth?

The car had sat for awhile so I thought I'd change them and it did idle a little rough turns out two plugs were loose, I bought the car two weeks ago and put about 200 miles on it before I decided to change them there's 120k on the car but engine was rebuilt not long ago and I work at a mechanic shop with an auto parts store across the road the wires were Bosch not the correct set I just got them to try out