Bad brake switch under dash

I had to replace my brake switch and here is what I found, and I guess not well documented according to what I see here - there are two types of brake switch. One is if the car is wired for cruise control, one for without. If wired for CC, tcc is handled through the CC switch and you have one model of brake switch. Without CC you have the other model brake switch which handles tcc. The connectors/wiring are likely different so if you want to remove CC and still have tcc (via brake pedal), you'd have to come up with the other connector to mate to the non-CC model brake switch and move some wires from the CC connector to the new non-CC brake connector.

this is an ancient thread, but it deals with my exact issue.

My car has factory cruise, but it is not working.
I suspect that the brake switch may be bad. I have 12 volts in the larger, 2 wire connector, but I get no voltage to the smaller connector with 3 wires, 2 gray and (black ?) regardless if the plunger is in or out. Am I correct in thinking that I need 12 volts coming out of the switch to the smaller connector which then feeds the cruise control module? With no voltage out, switch is bad??

Thanks

You need to make sure the vacuum switch is working properly as well. There's two shutoffs for the cruise control.
Idle the car, turn the cruise stalk switch to ON the gray wire should be +12, as would the Brown wire terminal A with the brake pedal released.
Cruise fuse and multifunction lever, ON/OFF switch part, need to be good to get power down there.