Bad AC compressor? Help

Yes it's the same tool to remove tire valves
IMG_3235.JPG

Okay take it from a guy who has done many car AC renew projects.I have been in the ac business for over 40 years however not automotive take some advice
1-Dont buy a rebuilt compressor it will be just a matter of time you will be back doing it again Buy new NAPA or DELCO
2-nothing wrong with converting to 134A it will work fine see below
3- while fitting is open on compressor backfeed cleaner solvent through condenser and evaporator to flush out coils use the entire can
4- after doing the take compressed air about 20-30 psi and blow out coils lines while disconnected it will blow oil out also so be careful.this should be done with orifice tube and accumulator removed .It is preferred to use nitrogen but compressed air will work
5-replace o-rings and put some ac oil on them add 3 oz of oil to the compressor if not prefilled most are prefilled however
6-install new orifice tube and accumulator .Remember these cars are 30 years old and that thing has desiccant in it .IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED PERIOD ! if you dont you will have whats called non condensibles no matter how long you run a vacuum it wont work
7- pull a vacuum down to as close to 30 inches of vacuum for at least 30 minutes .I do it for 30 minutes close gauges and check in a couple hours later to make sure they have not moved then run for 15 more minutes .
8- charge and when charging make sure you purge the yellow hose other wise it is full of moist air purge the hose open gauges to about 80 psi before starting .I bypass the low pressure swith start it and finish charging with low pressure bypassed
9- if done right it will cool for years as good as new look up pressure temp chart for 134A

There are inexpensive valve replacement kits for AC systems, I recommend replacing all of them as they are a source of leakage along with a new pressure switch for the compressor. I found the correct replacement switch on eBay, there are some that look the same but there is an alignment tab for the electrical connection that must line up on your wiring harness to work. The schrader valve tool is the same as a tire size and available at the parts store. Don't try to use valves from tires they are not meant for AC systems.

Okay take it from a guy who has done many car AC renew projects.I have been in the ac business for over 40 years however not automotive take some advice
1-Dont buy a rebuilt compressor it will be just a matter of time you will be back doing it again Buy new NAPA or DELCO
2-nothing wrong with converting to 134A it will work fine see below
3- while fitting is open on compressor backfeed cleaner solvent through condenser and evaporator to flush out coils use the entire can
4- after doing the take compressed air about 20-30 psi and blow out coils lines while disconnected it will blow oil out also so be careful.this should be done with orifice tube and accumulator removed .It is preferred to use nitrogen but compressed air will work
5-replace o-rings and put some ac oil on them add 3 oz of oil to the compressor if not prefilled most are prefilled however
6-install new orifice tube and accumulator .Remember these cars are 30 years old and that thing has desiccant in it .IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED PERIOD ! if you dont you will have whats called non condensibles no matter how long you run a vacuum it wont work
7- pull a vacuum down to as close to 30 inches of vacuum for at least 30 minutes .I do it for 30 minutes close gauges and check in a couple hours later to make sure they have not moved then run for 15 more minutes .
8- charge and when charging make sure you purge the yellow hose other wise it is full of moist air purge the hose open gauges to about 80 psi before starting .I bypass the low pressure swith start it and finish charging with low pressure bypassed
9- if done right it will cool for years as good as new look up pressure temp chart for 134A
I've been following this thread and I can see that you are a very experienced ac guy...great advice and knowledge.
I'm thinking you might have some solid advice on how to fix ac vents not blowing air. The cold air comes out the window defrost
outlets, but now it takes sometimes 20 min. before the ac door opens with a bang. I'm pretty sure the door is just stuck. Used to only take a few minutes, but over the years it's gotten worse. Before I start pulling stuff apart, maybe you can give some advice on a plan of attack...thanks

I've been following this thread and I can see that you are a very experienced ac guy...great advice and knowledge.
I'm thinking you might have some solid advice on how to fix ac vents not blowing air. The cold air comes out the window defrost
outlets, but now it takes sometimes 20 min. before the ac door opens with a bang. I'm pretty sure the door is just stuck. Used to only take a few minutes, but over the years it's gotten worse. Before I start pulling stuff apart, maybe you can give some advice on a plan of attack...thanks
Many posts on the subject. Here is one...https://turbobuick.com/threads/ac-b...vent-and-floor-vent-the-switches-back.352632/