Backfire...

Roc87

11 Second V6
My heads/HGs were leaking coolant, so I installed a set of new Champion Irons with Cometic gaskets and reused ARP head studs. I chased the threads, and cleaned the deck real good, there was about 1200 miles of use on the stroker build. After the new heads I ran it 20 minutes while charging the AC and it seemed fine. It sat for a few weeks and the next time I went to back it out of the trailer it backfired badly. (Enough to blow the cometic HG between 1 & 3). What would cause this and how can I avoid it happening again??? To say I'm frustrated with the car is an understatement.

It has 80#'s, E85, TT 6.1 chip, TR6 ignition with truck coil, cam sensor set by a guy with a ton of experience. Roller cam, morel lifters, T&D 1.55 rockers, forged stroker crank, 2 billet caps, rjc girdle, Molnar rods, diamond pistons. Block was bored .020" with TA torque plates.

Haven't been able to even really see what this build could do with the 6466

Damn, blew a head gasket while backing out of the trailer?:jawdrop: Dude, the car may need an exorcism. o_O

Maybe you had a fuel injector leak out into a cylinder and puddle up?

Yeah, I'm certain a mustang owner put a curse on it years ago. I'm wondering if the e85 being 3 months old screwed up an injector or two. I'll probably pull them out and send them for a cleaning, drain the tank and put 91 in it before firing it back up after replacing hg