Back To Square One

SYTECH

After all these years with an 87 GN, 91 Syclone, 92 Typhoon, 90 Callaway Corvette, GNX #485, and my most recent 86 GN, i'm now on the verge of trying out my patience with an 89 Turbo Trans AM Pace Car Replica.

Most folks know by now that I sold my 86 GN to Reggie for a gazillion dollars and he is in the process of pimping out the engine with 6 turbochargers, 1 supercharger, 1 big assed nitrous bottle, and a 3 legged hamster....:D

If all goes well I'll bring the TTA home this coming Monday

Then it's back to assuming the position (flat on the ground, sliding on a creeper)

Car i'm thinking of looks to be a great daily driver (65K miles), and other than the worn drivers leather seat bolster, looks to be in real nice condition. Best part of the deal is the great price

It's not a high dollar, sub 20K mileage, festival car, but it is a well driven T-Top, Leather Car. Milage is original but the engine was strengthen up very recently.

It is currently :)D ) set up with a stock turbo, 30 lb injectors, 2800 stall convertor, stock rockers but a billet roller cam & roller lifters, JE pistons, worked tranny, lite work on stock heads, good rods, LT1 MAF with a Translator, stock downpipe, 3 inch ATR exhaust, etc., etc., etc.

So anyone out there with spare TTA parts keep me in mind cause I'm sure I will be needing them soon

Who do we have in the SoCal area that also has a TTA? :confused:

I know i'll miss the GN, especially when Reggie finishes his whup ass magic to it, but the TTA was next on my list so I may as well get it out of my system

I've kinda had a "Bucket List" for vehicles since I got married back in 87, and with the addition of the TTA, I will be up to 79 vehicles bought, enjoyed, and sold over the past 22 years

Looking forward to seeing everyone back out on the road real soon

Ray

Congrats.

Cool cars. Like having a GN that can turn, and stop.:eek: :D
Can't wait to see it.

Mike B.

Ray:
Good to see that you are back. I've thought about a TTA for a long time, but can no longer afford one, not that I ever could.

any specs on the 3 legged hamster.....

...can only find the four legged versions around here:confused: heard the 3 legged were good for another 20 horse...hahahahahhaa.....lol:eek:

...for real- nice selection of rides/past rides, Congrats:D

good to have you back and a great selection on a car....ive had the honor of driving a TTA back in 2004 and it was one hell of a ride:cool:

Ray i can't keep track of your stable anymore.. congrads on the new car :). i guess it will be sold by the time i get back from the Academy LOL..

TTA#345 Is Safely Home In Orange

Well its official

I am now the proud (and tired:frown: ) owner of TTA #345 with 67K miles (T-Top / Leather)

Lin and I drove up near Sacremento yesterday and spent the night

Today at 11:00 am I saw the car for the 1st time

I spent 3 hours going over the car, taking a test ride, doing some basic tuning, mentally adding up what it would cost to repair

I made my final offer at 2:00 pm

I was getting a new set of tires at 4:00 pm

And was leaving Fairfield for home at 5:00 pm

Car ran great the whole way home

Averaged 24 MPG over the 420 mile trip

Cruised at 2100 rpm @ 73 mph

Cruising oil pressure at 52 psi

Coolant temp about 165

Boost currently set at 10 psi

Car rides alot rougher than the GN but is was still a nice ride

Previous owner had spent a ton of money on having the engine rebuilt and it ran great

I think half of my A$$ got bounced out of the window near Gilroy so if anyone finds it alongside the 5 Fwy just pick it up and bring it home OK

As I'm getting older I'm faced with the "All Gut, No Butt" syndrome, so I need all the padding I can hang on to

Lots of small items to fix

Lots of big items to fix

Car was in rougher shape than I had anticipated, and initially I told the owner that I was going to walk on the car, but the owner came back and made me a final offer that was to good to pass up and now here it sits in my driveway

I plan to use this as a daily driver so there will be no attempt to return the car to show shape. It will take me awhile to take car of the list of items but bottom line is its home and its mine...:biggrin:

Later,

Ray

I knew you couldn't stay away.

once you've been blown, you never get enough! :D

congrats!

well.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you open the closet door.........
I just watched you and ole whats his name, as I never seen 2 guys do THAT before! :eek: shocked me, 2 grown men doing THAT, :eek:
ruined me for life, I'll never look at you the same, ( not that I looked at you much) wow, brings new meaning to the term blown away.

this oughta liven things up a bit! :D

I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you open the closet door.........
I just watched you and ole whats his name, as I never seen 2 guys do THAT before! :eek: shocked me, 2 grown men doing THAT, :eek:
ruined me for life, I'll never look at you the same, ( not that I looked at you much) wow, brings new meaning to the term blown away.

this oughta liven things up a bit! :D
Lee we know you couldn't help it. Stressing over you car collection can do that to a person. Or perhaps it's the company you keep. lol

VERY NICE TTA RAY :).. i wish i came across that deal LOL...

ray015.jpg

ray017.jpg

ray004.jpg

ray005.jpg

ray018.jpg

Beautiful TTA Ray, it was great to see it in person. Thanks again for coming tonight - we had a blast talking to you guys!