Back @ it.... With problems...

Mikeymikesttop

AKA-- mikes86ttop
Donations
$25.00
Hey guys, finally able to work on the GN again after shoulder surgery. Right before surgery I sent my power logger to Bob Bailey as I thought it was fried while testing a buddy's car. Well back @ it yesterday, I got everything hooked back up and now I'm getting a could not connect error on my laptop. Also I noticed the scanmaster now reads PL 5.2 ... Not sure where to go from here? I haven't contacted Bob yet as I figured someone may have an answer here... Thanks in advance. Mike
20211216_155348.jpg
20211216_154912~2.jpg

Mikeymikesttop

AKA-- mikes86ttop
Donations
$25.00
Shit guy's,...
Maybe I should put this in the Covid vaccine poll?....
I just didn't wanna bother Bob if it could be something silly. I've tried everything suggested in past threads and the support pages on Turbotweaks site.. Thanks Mike

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Donations
$25.00
That error is a computer error where the usb port setup connection. Been a while but IIRC . . . There should be a thread on the TT support pages how to bypass the security and make PL work on W10.

Jerryl

Donations
$25.00
Thanks Jerryl, I'll check it out.. I am on Win. 7 if that matters... Mike
That should be easier. Make sure to load the correct drivers. I found that in similar cases, it's easier to delete the current driver and start from scratch.

Does your computer have internet and screen sharing software like TeamViewer?

Mikeymikesttop

AKA-- mikes86ttop
Donations
$25.00
No man, nothing spectacular, it's a 10+ year old laptop that I bought for the GN... I don't have internet@ the garage but I live 5min from home which I can connect... Mike

Jerryl

Donations
$25.00
No man, nothing spectacular, it's a 10+ year old laptop that I bought for the GN... I don't have internet@ the garage but I live 5min from home which I can connect... Mike
Understand! Don't need anything spectacular. It's just easier to get help with internet and screen sharing.

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
Go to Erics TT forum and download the latest file.

Nigel

Did you get it figured out? As Jerry mentions likely a driver issue. If it was an old PL Bob may have updated the drivers.
I am frugal (cheap bastard) so I still run a windows 7 laptop for my old PL. Windows 10 requires "signed" drivers. I would do like Jerry says and uninstall PL and reinstall the newest version. Freaking windows changes shit faster than I can keep up with, but after you install and run you should be able to go to the device manager and the driver software will have a yellow flag if they are not installed or recognized. Many times, you can right click the flag and browse to the folder with the drivers and upload.

Mikeymikesttop

AKA-- mikes86ttop
Donations
$25.00
Thanks so far guy's, I'll be heading to the garage soon. I didn't even think but I can probably use the hotspot on my phone to run internet @ the garage. Logger is 10+ years old, pretty sure it was v3.0 and I also remember having a problem first setting it up initially...also to mention, I'm not the most computer savvy person basically just the basics...I'll keep posted, Thanks again Mike

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
I have the original PL and an IBM Thinkpad and it works mint. Again, go to Erics forum and download Bobs latest PL file. I've had guys load it with zero issues. It has all the updates.

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00