Back in the game, and need a little advice...

Researching the 6262 with E cover ( to work with my existing setup ), and a #3021 converter. Is the #3021 converter a 2800 or 3000, or 3200 rpm stall ? I know, i know... depends on my setup.
Mine stalls around 3000 with a 64mm s-cover ball bearing and tightens up as boost rises, a journal bearing 6262e shouldnt be far off, may even spool 150 rpm sooner.

It's looking like my GN may have some new balls. I guess I'm going with
- Precision 6262 ( E cover, Buick .63 AR ) from Full Throttle Speed.
- XRP braided oil supply line w/filter, XRP -10 AN oil drain, turbo mounting studs, SCE copper gaskets From GN1 Performance.
- #3021 converter from Dave Husek - Turbo Buick Performance.
Does anybody see any issues with my current supporting mods ? Remember I have a "chip" car. I assume I will need Eric to re-burn my existing chip?

- XRP braided oil supply line w/filter, XRP -10 AN oil drain, turbo mounting studs, SCE copper gaskets From GN1 Performance.
Does anybody see any issues with my current supporting mods ? Remember I have a "chip" car. I assume I will need Eric to re-burn my existing chip?
"Does anybody see any issues with my current supporting mods ? Remember I have a "chip" car. I assume I will need Eric to re-burn my existing chip?"

Yep.

Get with Eric and have him guide you to the best chip and outcome for your combo/expectations.

He is SOOO much smarter than he's given credit for......... And he's given a LOT of credit.

He's truly amazing when it comes to using/tuning our ancient and stock ECM's.

Last edited:
Before you commit to buying the turbo from Mike... ask him how much longer on the new Buick Units from HPT [iirc] he is involved with.... seems like they have a lot of nice options and materials involved and might be worth the wait for you.... especially if you have waited this long.. just a thought.. i know turbo technology is always improving.
- aaron

You have an axis right?
If so it doesnt need a reburn it reads the air coming in off the maf sensor.
You can add fuel or take away if you like but it automatically adjusts you tune.
Works killer

Another thought is go ball bearing.
Your motor combo can easily spool a 64mm bb turbo and bigger if you want more power.
The new stuff really lights up.
Journal bearing turbos can work dont get me wrong but have single duel or even triple bb is another world especially if your going to a bigger compressor/turbine wheel and or going off a foot brake.

You have an axis right?
If so it doesnt need a reburn it reads the air coming in off the maf sensor.
You can add fuel or take away if you like but it automatically adjusts you tune.
Works killer
If his sig is correct and is using a 5.7 TT chip with the Axis, he would need an Axis chip or Extender chip for it to work in the way you are saying.

Any TurboTweak chip 6.1 or lower will only read to 255 gr/sec and adjusting the MAF high setting in the Axis unit won't do much.

If his sig is correct and is using a 5.7 TT chip with the Axis, he would need an Axis chip or Extender chip for it to work in the way you are saying.

Any TurboTweak chip 6.1 or lower will only read to 255 gr/sec and adjusting the MAF high setting in the Axis unit won't do much.
I cant see his sig.
From his post I thought he has an axis setup with an axis chip.
Not sure why someone would not want an axis chip with the box to read the airflow but i understand where you coming from.

I cant see his sig.
From his post I thought he has an axis setup with an axis chip.
Not sure why someone would not want an axis chip with the box to read the airflow but i understand where you coming from.
Some use the Axis Interface as strictly a MAF translator, which is a waste of its full capabilities as you are alluding to. I really don't know how he's running it either. I'm just going by what his first post says and his sig. If he actually has an Axis chip then he should not need a new chip as you were saying in post #25. The Axis Interface and chip combo does work really well, been on it for 7 years now.

Some use the Axis Interface as strictly a MAF translator, which is a waste of its full capabilities as you are alluding to. I really don't know how he's running it either. I'm just going by what his first post says and his sig. If he actually has an Axis chip then he should not need a new chip as you were saying in post #25. The Axis Interface and chip combo does work really well, been on it for 7 years now.
I ve done several axis setups on buicks.
Im Very impressed and should be used as they were intended😉

I would get the 6466, then no one could slap the grin off your face...:D