Smoke on startup

Buick Mark

I would replace the seals but on the stock heads you can't replace the seals on the exhaust valves as there aren't any...

bottom end/heads have 64k miles
I had my guides cut for seals and the exhaust valves replaced with valves with a smooth stem....... no step.
I too got tired of the oil burning in the exhaust.

I would replace the seals but on the stock heads you can't replace the seals on the exhaust valves as there aren't any...

bottom end/heads have 64k miles
You actually have to mill the exhaust valve guides down a few thousands and then you can put seals on them I used Vitons on mine. Worth it? Maybe … Depending on the owner, only takes about 2 minutes per guide..

You actually have to mill the exhaust valve guides down a few thousands and then you can put seals on them I used Vitons on mine. Worth it? Maybe … Depending on the owner, only takes about 2 minutes per guide..
Maybe if I take the heads Off again I’ll do that. For the past 2 years Ive ran with it lol. Just add 1/8 quart every 1200 miles. Just riding it out as I have new champion heads with all the seals already milled and all:)

The step in the exhaust valve stem will pop the seal off the guide.