B M Blower

Mike 83 T type

I was looking through e bay and saw a B M Blower for GM 231 engines. The guy said he used it with stock internals on a 86 or 87 carborated regal said it dropped his quater mile times by alot. He had the times posted but i don't remember exactly. I also saw headers for GM 231. Headers were brand new. What I was wondering is how fast our cars would go with a blower set up with regular headers and our internals already set for being turbo charged. I thought that would be pretty interesting test. I looked it up under buick regal. It is still on e bay for a while. I don't know how to show the down load oh this page like you guys. I know enough about computers to get buy. I think the headers where buy it now for around 150.00 dollars and the blower was about 100.00 dollars for now. Ill bet you can get both of them for about 500.00 dollars. I was just wondering what you guys thought about that idea.

It would sure be cool looking, thats for sure!

The main dissadvantage of roots blowers (besides heat) is that they are limited in the max boost pressure they can make. Even our stock T.B. turbocharger is easily capable of making twice the amount of boost as a 4-71. Besides more boost capabilities (18 psi vs 7 psi) the carb/turbo 231 set ups are commonly found for under $200. At least I haven't paid more than that for one. That's one heck of a bargain if you ask me.

A personal dream of mine has always to build a Blown V6.

Get a complete running innercooled year GN eng ( or even the whole car for that matter), ditch the turbo and it's needed exhaust, put some type of centrifigal supercharger in it's place.( I do know that Vortech has one that mounts to the pass side head of a SBC , it's reverse rotation, that means the air inlet will face foward, and the boost out pipe will face out in the same positon as the turbo's, to be easily fabbed up to innercooler piping or blown directly into the T-body. Will have to fabb own super charger mounts)

You'll all ready have the correct intake , fuelrails, injectors, t-body,doghouse, even all the accessories in the correct position to run a supercharger.

Use some sort of aftermarket F.I. computer maybe even the factory Turbo one( it dosn't know the difference btween turbo and a supercharger?), and maybe even and innercooler set up from a turbo buick, a set of headers some fabbing for the crank hub pulley and supercharger belt drive system and it's plug and play time.

(of course this is all in theroy :D )

but ya never know, anyone have anyinput on this idea pros and cons?

Oh yeah BTW if you do use a whole car you have to change the hood bulge scripts to ...3.8 SFI SC or get one of those SUPECHARGED scripts from a 90's Supercharged Regal!

later

Originally posted by cutluse231
A personal dream of mine has always to build a Blown V6.

Get a complete running innercooled year GN eng ( or even the whole car for that matter), ditch the turbo and it's needed exhaust, put some type of centrifigal supercharger in it's place.( I do know that Vortech has one that mounts to the pass side head of a SBC , it's reverse rotation, that means the air inlet will face foward, and the boost out pipe will face out in the same positon as the turbo's, to be easily fabbed up to innercooler piping or blown directly into the T-body. Will have to fabb own super charger mounts)

You'll all ready have the correct intake , fuelrails, injectors, t-body,doghouse, even all the accessories in the correct position to run a supercharger.

Use some sort of aftermarket F.I. computer maybe even the factory Turbo one( it dosn't know the difference btween turbo and a supercharger?), and maybe even and innercooler set up from a turbo buick, a set of headers some fabbing for the crank hub pulley and supercharger belt drive system and it's plug and play time.

(of course this is all in theroy :D )

Oh yeah BTW if you do use a whole car you have to change the hood bulge scripts to ...3.8 SFI SC or get one of those SUPECHARGED scripts from a 90's Supercharged Regal!

later

Sounds cool. You could also do Alky, hooker heders, GN1s, billet roller, etc.

15.7 STOCK?

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANY ONE ELSE BUT I HAVE YET TO SEE A STOCK 231 IN A REGAL GO 15.7'S.MOST CARBED TURBO MODELS HAVE A HARD TIME GOING THAT FAST STOCK.NOT THAT A BLOWER WOULDN'T MAKE IT FASTER BUT 15.7'S IS MORE LIKE IT AFTER THE BLOWER IS INSTALLED.I STILL RATHER STICK WITH A TURBO.

Originally posted by cutluse231

CONS: Lot of work, lot of $$, slower car

Originally posted by unboostedV6
Hmmmmm....a blown, alcohol, V6......
GB

I like the way you think Greg.
You alcoholic!:p

One of my friends used to run very high compression in his sbc with 6/71 huffer on alky. That thing was BRUTAL! Occasionally it would blow pistons & rods right thru the side of the block:eek:
I think I need something like that:D :cool:

....picturing 3 zoomie pipes spitting flames from just behind the front wheels....8psi should be enough to run a couple 11's before scattering the bottom end...
GB

Greg,

Are you going to put the blower on? , The next step will be Nitromethane. :)

Umm, Maybe I'll throw a little nitro into the Alky injection. I need about 1 second to catch you Greg.
:)