B-body spindle conversion wheel selection

pat boertmann

I wanted to hear from people who have done the b-body big brake and spindle conversion and what kind of wheels you are fitting on the front.

pat boertmann said:
I wanted to hear from people who have done the b-body big brake and spindle conversion and what kind of wheels you are fitting on the front.

I was under the impression I could keep the stock wheels. At least I was planning to if I ever get to this upgrade.

Question while we are on the b-body brake/spindle swap. Does the upgrade large piston caliper fit on this swap?
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/usb-7241-9004

The ad says metric caliper which means it would fit on the stock spindle but not B-body. The wagons have bigger calipers. I have a set of Howe Racing dual pistons on mine.

Heg87t said:
The ad says metric caliper which means it would fit on the stock spindle but not B-body. The wagons have bigger calipers. I have a set of Howe Racing dual pistons on mine.

What about wheels? What are you running?
Do you have the b-body stuff on yours?

I have 4 GTA fronts on my car but have considered putting rears on the front due to the added track width the b-body spindles gives. My tires rub a little on the wheel wells on bumps.

Check out my signature.

I am on my phone with the app, no sigs. Ill look when I get home.

You get a half to five eights increase per side track width increase when done so a narrower wheel or more back space is often needed. I am running 15x7 with 4 inch backspace, 235/60 radicals. I get an occasional rub on a hard bump or angled inclined turn in, a 225/60 would probably be best or a half inch more backspace. Stock springs in front, hope this helps

Global west has a nice negative roll upper control arm I run for better cornering/ caster angle that work well

A regular set of GTAs worked on my GN. Have "GTA fronts" on rear and "GTA rears" on front. No problem for me. I got a nice set for sale!
Conrad

GTA rears on front here. Global West negative roll kit with b-body spindles 75 Camaro calipers 90 Camaro 1LE rotors. LOVE it!