Average repaint cost?

Update here...hope ya'll aren't tired of seeing this thread.

Found that the dual MAP sensor circus wired up by the PO was indeed, wired improperly. They had the grey and black wires from the MAP running all the way over to the plug-in for the IAT sensor. No IAT sensor anywhere. Also found that this was causing the boost pressure seen in PL to read approx 10psi too high. Got rid of the dual MAP sensors and wired it up properly with just a 3-bar. Stole the TPS harness from the '86(which has an alky kit too) and ran it from the MAP sensor over to the TPS plug-in and sensor...like Julios instructions state. Boost now reads 13psi (PL showed 23psi before rewire) and the pillar boost and fuel pressure gauges agree. Also ported the wastegate hole and did the governor mods. Plan to test the car tomarrow with the alky off and see what happens. My hopes are that the false high boost reading from the MAP sensor was triggering the alky to flood the motor...and thereby causing the noseover during MAF lock. Also going to take a look inside the alky control box at the gain settings as advised by Pronto.

Last edited:
Sounds like you found some substantial issues there, great job !!
I hope that cures your problem and the car runs well for your test drive!!!
Please update us when you can.

ENJOY!

Here's a picture of the current gain settings on the alky controller. These are not 100% set to the preset setting, so someone has messed with them. Anyone think these look acceptable or should I turn them both back to the presets and tune accordingly?

My hopes are that the false high boost reading from the MAP sensor was triggering the alky to flood the motor...and thereby causing the noseover during MAF lock.

That was it! Problem solved! Log attached. Thank you to everyone in this thread for your help. Now to turn up the boost slowly and fine tune the alky system.

Attachments

• D083F95D-E5B5-4D7A-A242-021D3C20D01C.jpeg
    D083F95D-E5B5-4D7A-A242-021D3C20D01C.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 117