Autozone pcv valve 1162

YAKO

HI,this is my first post using my new name yako but i have been around TB for many years....living in canada autozone does not exist,sooo can some one LIKE ERIC MARSHAL maybe give me a exchange number for napa if there is one ...my problem is when i put back my pcv my blm goes from 128 idle to 142 ..it is the gm turbo pcv

I could not find them up here also.When I go to the states I pick up a couple,just make sure they seal in reverse flow(boost)

Kevin

I bought 2 of those and I was able to blow through with my mouth. So I took them back and went the check valve route. It you want a PCV then get the correct one from Kirban's, Caspers', NOS4GN, etc.

I believe its the same PCV as an '89 Ford Probe Turbo 4cyl.

Yes, make sure you blow through it to make sure it seals. It seems its a little hit and miss on quality.

Eric

So I replaced mine with the HD Kirban PCV valve, and now have NO power brake assist. What's up with that?

Sounds like you teed into the pcv line to feed the power brakes.Get an alum block for the throttle body and eliminate the T>good luck

Kevin

I think you need to run the stock pcv and a checkball. I've had mine for over a year now and no crazy bl issues and no more blowing oil out everywhere at 25psi. Still pushes a little out the breathers but I can go 2k miles without adding oil which it never did before.

Do yourself a favor and buy the AC Delco one from NOS4GN. I have had nothing but trouble from the 1162.

Zack

What kind of trouble?
I had a lot of blow-by and crankcase pressure. Switched the PCV valve with an NOS one, and no more issues. I don't think it can let enough air out of the engine through those tiny holes. The GM one is almost a 1/2 inch wide while the plastic 1162 is maybe an 1/8 to a 1/16 (through it out, can't measure)