Auto zoned! Gimme my Perf friction pads

ThikStik

My sleep apnea is winning
Lifetime pads, so they say. This happened on my 94 fbi Caprice awhile back....you go to replace your Perf Friction pads, and they dont find them in their computer. I pushed the issue back then , and got my replacements. So its time for my GN to get new pads, and they dont find them at all in the system. I call another store which speaks some english, and they find them. They say they no longer deal with P frictions, but that they will replace with duralast Gold, a $21.xx pad. I think Perf frictions are now about $139 for a regal. Anyone had this wonderful service? Thanks

PF pads are no longer available thru AZ. Duralast Gold compound is OE specific and is a great pad. Your issue is with that particular location it seems

If the pad is still produced, then AZ is in breech of warranty. They avoid having to deal with this by playing the customer making him think they never bought the pad there. I guess the next post will be about how bad the Duralast gold pad is. Hope not, thats what im getting.

If the pad is still produced, then AZ is in breech of warranty. They avoid having to deal with this by playing the customer making him think they never bought the pad there. I guess the next post will be about how bad the Duralast gold pad is. Hope not, thats what im getting.

Yes, and no. At the point of a retailer changing it's stock then it's up to the retailer to provide some sort of solution. In most cases AZ will refund the price you paid for the pads and offer you a different product to replace it.

I personally was very disappointed when AZ got rid of the performance friction pads but have found them on evilbay at reasonable prices. There are also other pads like Hawk on the market now that will work just about as well so you might want to look around and see what you can find.;)

I wish i could remember what i paid...im thinking about $68.00. I have vowed to keep the receits, but they fade within a few months...i need to copy them.

I wish i could remember what i paid...im thinking about $68.00. I have vowed to keep the receits, but they fade within a few months...i need to copy them.

ask for one of the receipts that they give to their commercial customers... it's an old school one that comes on that cool paper with the holes in the sides and won't fade..

Good advice all. Does anyone else have experience with the Duralast Gold?

I actually have like the the Durlast Gold they came on my car when I bought it and have held pretty good on the foot brake at the track. I would buy them for a stock replacement.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I put 100K+ on a set of duralast gold pads on my olds. No, I'm not kidding. I'm very easy on my brakes but they did last that long. Put them on in 01 and changed them in 2011.