Auto start on pro tree

wb_7354

Do tracks usually use auto start when running a pro tree? There must be some protocol that tracks follow. It seems that on manual start that the starter would have a influence on the outcome based on how slow or fast he activates the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way ours works is as soon as the first car fully stages the auto start does a 6 second countdown and it goes green.

The way ours works is as soon as the first car fully stages the auto start does a 6 second countdown and it goes green.

Ok. So if both cars are pre staged. First car full stages. 2nd car takes 5 seconds to stage. Tree will activate in 1 second?
Or? Both cars full stage at almost the same time. 6ish seconds till the tree activates? I'm trying to understand better to figure out my launch strategy. I've been caught a couple times by a quick tree. Resulting in bad reaction time from not building enough boost.

The 6 second rule was implemented because you'd get guys dicking around while the first car had fully staged. The best thing to do is to go up in the tower at your local track and ask what the rules are.

The 6 second rule was implemented because you'd get guys dicking around while the first car had fully staged. The best thing to do is to go up in the tower at your local track and ask what the rules are.

I will do that. I was asking because I feel like using manual start that our track starter is playing games. One run both cars staged and he'll wait longer next run he doesn't wait at all. It makes it hard to be consistent.

I will do that. I was asking because I feel like using manual start that our track starter is playing games. One run both cars staged and he'll wait longer next run he doesn't wait at all. It makes it hard to be consistent.

So... in case anyone is interested. When running the pro tree in competition the auto start should be enabled. After both cars are fully staged the tree activates in 1.5 seconds.