August edition of Collectible Automobile magazine has article on GN and GNX

gnX405

I posted a thread in THE LOUNGE about this magazine article, but thought I would also mention it in this forum as it does have quite a bit of interesting GNX info.

here is a link to the thread in the lounge:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...ust-edition-of-collectible-automobile.378687/

The article goes into detail about:
  • The people behind the project (Some of which are being sought after to attend the BPG Nationals)
  • How the number 547 came about
  • One of the prototype GNXs turning laps and slingin mud at a dirt track
It does have one typo, it mentions that the GNX had improved flow heads which is not true.

I just happened to call the magazine last month concerning an issue my car was supposed to appear in. The editor told me it was a coinsidence I called because he said my GNX was appearing in the August issue. He took down my address, so I guess I can expect something in the mail very soon.

74x50-2089685.jpg

I got my copy of the magazine today. Very Cool! I guess I need some help getting this picture to post big enough so it can be seen.

Thanks John! Wish I knew they were doing the article. The article starts out talking about Lloyd Reuss being head of GM's performance division and major player in getting the Grand National project off the ground. What I think would have really been cool to point out in the story is the GNX featured in the article #449 was previously owned by his son Mark Reuss, who is now head of GM North America. I bought the car from him back in August of 2004. Didn't really think much of it at the time, but I guess GNX #449 has a semi famous legacy. Thought this would be a cool little tid bit to share in relation to the article

What I think would have really been cool to point out in the story is the GNX featured in the article #449 was previously owned by his son Mark Reuss, who is now head of GM North America. I bought the car from him back in August of 2004.
That is some cool info right there. I wonder if Mark had the car from new since he was working at GM at the time.

That is some cool info right there. I wonder if Mark had the car from new since he was working at GM at the time.

After it got the GNX treatment at ASC, it was shipped out to California where it sold new. It changed hands once out there before Mr. Reuss bought it and brought it back home to Michigan. I think he owned it for about eighteen months or so, before a lowly MSgt in the MI ANG bought it and has had it ever since.

Thanks John! Wish I knew they were doing the article. The article starts out talking about Lloyd Reuss being head of GM's performance division and major player in getting the Grand National project off the ground. What I think would have really been cool to point out in the story is the GNX featured in the article #449 was previously owned by his son Mark Reuss, who is now head of GM North America. I bought the car from him back in August of 2004. Didn't really think much of it at the time, but I guess GNX #449 has a semi famous legacy. Thought this would be a cool little tid bit to share in relation to the article

Thanks for sharing the history of your car. I was recently at the IZOD IndyCar race @ Belle Isle in Detroit and missed an opportunity to be introduced to Mark Reuss. Hopefully our paths will cross again and we can talk a bit about your car.

BTW, it was at Belle Isle where I found out about this article. I happened to sit at the same dinner table as Gary Witzenburg who wrote the article.

Thanks for sharing the history of your car. I was recently at the IZOD IndyCar race @ Belle Isle in Detroit and missed an opportunity to be introduced to Mark Reuss. Hopefully our paths will cross again and we can talk a bit about your car.

I purchased the car in Madison Height Michigan at a dealer called Classic Auto Show Place where he had the car brokered. I was at the 2011 Detroit Autorama, they parked me next to the GM Performance display where they had GNX 001 on display. There is a thread on here with pictures labeled GNX 449 meets GNX 0001 from the 2011 Autorama. I went over to talk with the tech's and asked if they crossed paths with Mr. Reuss at all, they said they did once in while, so I went on to point over to my car and told them that it used to be his car. So needless to say it turned out to be a pretty cool weekend, they would come over, looking at the car and asking questions about, one told me he went out to California to check the car out for Mr. Reuss. They said they had told him about the car being there and that he was going to be there Saturday or Sunday. I don't know whether he made it or not, our paths never crossed. If you get a chance to meet him, this might be something else to talk about.