Att. All 20" Haters, This Is For You

Status
Not open for further replies.
RKHiPerformance said:
Some time ago one of the clean-hands car rags (C & D, I think) did a comparison of 15's, 16's, 17's, 18's and maybe 19's or 20's using one vehicle. The test involved a series of traction (both acceleration and braking), handling and ride quality evaluations on the same car on the same road surfaces. Not surprisingly, 17's were found to perform best overall.

The car originally pictured in this thread looks pretty good in my opinion, and I generally don't dig wheels bigger than 18" unless the car is designed around them (ie Corvette, SRT-8, etc). Usually, 20x8's or 20x9's look too tall and narrow for a G-body. I also agree with the comment that the stock brakes become dangerously inadequate when used with such large diameter wheels, not to mention how small stock discs look and and how ridiculous drums look behind these big wheels.

I don't think I'd ever put 19's or 20's on something we build, so I guess I am stuck in the 80's with the other guys. My current car has 17's, so at least I'm in the late 80's.
O.k. That's the kind of info i'm looking for. I wish you all could get along. Well at least everyone agrees that they love buicks!!!!!!!

For All Haters

I did not know crackheads drove Gn's on 6OOO$ 2O's. Why spend that much on rims, BECAUSE I CAN.

You say GN's in Hub City are like mine, STOP LYING

You say my thread is weak, over 2OOO views, YEAH RIGHT

You haters ^ are a joke, that is not funny :cool:

gnjay said:
I did not know crackheads drove Gn's on 6OOO$ 2O's. Why spend that much on rims, BECAUSE I CAN.

You say GN's in Hub City are like mine, STOP LYING

You say my thread is weak, over 2OOO views, YEAH RIGHT

You haters ^ are a joke, that is not funny :cool:

get over yourself, your acting like your some shotcaller in here, your the joke for actually starting this thread an then getting upset for the comments that we leave, come show off your 20" fag wheels to the track so you can get your ass handed to your PAHTNA :eek:

marred4life said:
get over yourself, your acting like your some shotcaller in here, your the joke for actually starting this thread an then getting upset for the comments that we leave, come show off your 20" fag wheels to the track so you can get your ass handed to your PAHTNA :eek:
Like this guy?????

Attachments

• avon1.jpg
    avon1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 376
While I agree that GNJay is getting a little out of hand, the argument that if you "bring it to the track" you'll suck is a little lame. A lot of people seem to forget that there are only 5 nuts per wheel to hold them on and they're not one time fasteners.

Adam

Here's a couple more pics,

Adam

Attachments

• avon2.JPG
    avon2.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 241
  • avon3.JPG
    avon3.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 227
marred4life said:
what engine block is that, thats a very nice setup.

Not my car. The original thread is HERE
It's just a perfect example of just 'cause you like 20's on the street doesn't mean you can't take it to the track too. :)

Adam

Can't help but notice: What kind of wheels were those on the rear of your car in the pic AT THE TRACK(or do 20s shrink, and tires get fatter at launch)? You can run whatever you want "AT THE TRACK". BUT: that doesn't mean what you bring is gonna hook!! Let's see some pics of your launches w/20s on there sport ;) .

rodman99999 said:
Can't help but notice: What kind of wheels were those on the rear of your car in the pic AT THE TRACK(or do 20s shrink, and tires get fatter at launch)? You can run whatever you want "AT THE TRACK". BUT: that doesn't mean what you bring is gonna hook!! Let's see some pics of your launches w/20s on there sport ;) .

Those are Brand new and very hard to find. When you go to track they have automatic sensors that detect the tree and when you stage they will shrink the rim to 15”s and stretch the tire and make smooth and look like a slick. Mucho money.

Most of us that do not like Tonka toy wheels have tried to be nice about this. Put what you like on your car.. it's up to you. I do things to my GS that drives the purist nuts.

But you put out the thread and thus invited comments. Now if you do not like the opinions, you make a personal attack "you haters are a joke." That is uncalled for.

If I had an engine like this......

avon2.jpg

I would even be able to pop a wheelie on this bad boy......

ohmy.jpg

rodman99999 said:

Really, those aren't 20's? Wow. Are you sure??? That's really crazy. Man I don't know what I was thinking. If someone tells you to bring your fag knife to a gun fight and you'll get your ass handed to you are you gonna do it. That's just crazy. Slick. What train of thought is that? Sporto. I agree GNJay is going about this all wrong and just digging himself deeper and deeper, but come on. You don't really think everyone with 20's on their car is like him, or would go to the track leaving their 20's on?? Slim. I don't see everyone driving around with a helmet on, but you gotta wear one at the track. Jocko. ;)

Adam

I think Gnjay's car and wheels, overall, look nice. The wheel design and look on a GN is sharp but 20" seems a little over the top. You can't see the car for the wheels. 18 inchers and some 4 wheel Wilwood or Brembos would be the ticket. The money you would save on the smaller rims would go a long way towards financing the brakes. Anyway, the car is a good looking ride, even though the driver comes off a bit obnoxious. Huge rims on old iron is a fad, and like most fads, it'll pass with time. Hang tight purists!!!!!............ :wink:

TURBOPOWERED68 said:
Those are Brand new and very hard to find. When you go to track they have automatic sensors that detect the tree and when you stage they will shrink the rim to 15”s and stretch the tire and make smooth and look like a slick. Mucho money.
KEWL- Do they have a website? ROTF-LMAO

Slick? Sporto? Slim? Jocko? Did you think of those names all by yourself, or do you have a 'Lexicon of Witty Monikers' that you employ? I'm REALLY one of those, "whatever blows up your skirt is fine with me" types. Put whatever you want on your car :rolleyes: .The originator of this thread(whom, incidentally, I was addressing) was defending, "20's". Then proceeded to post a pic of his car launching with slicks. But then- I suppose if I have to explain: you wouldn't understand! PS: Marines have never been known to bring knives to a gunfight ;) .

rodman99999 said:
Slick? Sporto? Slim? Jocko? Did you think of those names all by yourself, or do you have a 'Lexicon of Witty Monikers' that you employ? I'm REALLY one of those, "whatever blows up your skirt is fine with me" types. Put whatever you want on your car :rolleyes: .The originator of this thread(whom, incidentally, I was addressing) was defending, "20's". Then proceeded to post a pic of his car launching with slicks. But then- I suppose if I have to explain: you wouldn't understand! PS: Marines have never been known to bring knives to a gunfight ;) .

You might wanna go back and check who posted the pics. Oh yeah, and I was just following your lead
Let's see some pics of your launches w/20s on there sport

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.