ATR Pitbull muffler replacement

Buicksx2

RCA: Home of the The Jack
Hi All,

I inherited an ATR SS 2.5 inch exhaust system and it came with aluminized mufflers that are now rotted out.

I also inherited with this system two new never used 3 inch SS Pitull mufflers which obviously are useless.

So my question is what replacement mufflers are you guys using on the ATR setup?

The pitbull mufflers are 18" in overall length so that is what I am looking for.

Thanks

Hi All,

I inherited an ATR SS 2.5 inch exhaust system and it came with aluminized mufflers that are now rotted out.

I also inherited with this system two new never used 3 inch SS Pitull mufflers which obviously are useless.

So my question is what replacement mufflers are you guys using on the ATR setup?

The pitbull mufflers are 18" in overall length so that is what I am looking for.

Thanks

Why not take your two brand new (never used) SS ATR Pit Bull Mufflers to a performance exhaust / muffler shop & have them installed using some fabricated reducers? You've already got these and wont' cost you more $.
Shouldn't be that hard to do......you could even have a machine shop custom machine up some internal reducer bushing out of stainless that could be installed inside the larger 3" opening. This way your overall muffler length would remain consistent with our 2 1/2" Pit bulls already in place.

I'd seriously look at this if it were me.

Just me 2cents.

dave

for a little cheaper i picked up magnaflows for a 2.5" atr system to replace the hooker setup in the 87x
getting old and i cant stand the high noise level of the hookers in that car or the drone at low speed cruise
i went with the magnaflows because i have them on my 86 and like the sound , they wont drone but they wont have the pitbull sound

easiest is cut the 3" end back on the muffs you have and weld on a 2.5"-3" reducer pipe , just have them cut the reducer back on the 3" side ,

the 3" mufflers could be made to work fine but would be louder, Vibrant Performance has a nice stainless muffler that uses the same perf tube as the ultraflow and sound much like the ATR. We have those as do others

I like the stainless steel Walker ultraflows, I think they are a little quieter than the atr's. I forget the walker number but just browse their catalog, they have 2.5" pipe with the same body dimensions as the atrs with all the choices of offset and center in and out.