ATR headers & 3.5 THDP

BUICKTIME

just another member
ATR headers & 3.5 THDP, does it work together? I'm asking for clearence reasons only not performance. Anyone running the two together?

TIA, Mario

3.5 THDP

WHAT HEADERS OTHER THAN THE TH HEADERS WORK WITH THE 3.5 THDP? ALSO, ANY ONE ELSE MAKE A 3.5 DP AND IF SO IS IT ANY GOOD (ie., bends, fit etc.)?

Louie, thanks for the reply.

thanks again, Mario

TH headers are it if you want to use the 3.5 THDP. I dont know if Arizona GN headers work with it. Postons headers work with the 3.5. ATRs can be made to work if you are not afraid of a hammer and smack the down pipe real good. Certainly not what i recomned but i have heard of it being done before.

DAMM, I HAVE ATR HEADERS AND I HAVE A THDP IN 3.5 COMING TODAY.
IM GONNA HAVE TO MASSAGE THE PIPE? IS IT GOING TO LOOK LIKE CRAP? WHERE IS THE PROBLEM AT THE FRAME RAIL?? THANKS

will it fit

GANGSTER, let me know how it works out. If not maybe i'll try n have something made up to extend the pipe out a little more if that's what the problem is. Good question:
WHERE IS THE PROBLEM AT THE FRAME RAIL??
or does it touch the headers?

Louie L., thanks again.

Mario

WELL, ITS BEEN CONFIRMED. THE SHOP WHERE MY CAR IS JUST CALLED AND SAID THE PIPE HITS THE CROSS OVER BAD.
HE SAYS ITS MORE THAN JUST A "HAMMER MASSAGE"
HES REEVALUATING AND THEN WE WILL FIGURE OUT THE BEST WAY TO MAKE IT FIT.
ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW WE FIX IT.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS DP WITH ATR HEADERS????

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!! NEED INPUT!!:(

Itll need about .5" taken out,do a search.Cutting and welding required.

Someone is going to make a 3.5" DP for those of us running ATR headers soon and thats all I can say:D

This is why I sold my 3.5 THDP and built my own with a external waste gate . When it was done and over is still had 65.00 left over from the THDP sale. My home made steel DP cost me 100.00 in parts and welding.

I GIVE UP, ITS NOW FOR SALE!!!!!
MY 3" IS GOING BACK ON UNTIL I CAN GET ONE CUSTOM MADE.
IT CAN NOT BE MADE TO WORK WITHOUT ALOT OF ANIMALIZATION!!

first dibs

GANGSTER, give me first dibs if ur serious about selling. If I get it to work i'll let u know. I have a friend that custom makes exhaust. Unless u want 2 work something out.

Mario

I JUST PAID 500 FOR IT, ILL SELL IT FOR THAT IF YOU WANT IT IM IN WESTCHESTER, THE CAR AND PIPE ARE AT TURBO PEOPLE

IM GONNA HAVE TO MASSAGE THE PIPE?

Yes!

IS IT GOING TO LOOK LIKE CRAP?

Not necessarily- depends on your skills ;)

I have ATR headers and a TH 3.5" dpipe; it took alot of custom work, but it's all in there happily now.

TurboTR

Na, I cant get myself to beat that gorgeous pipe up, If buick time wants it for what I paid its his. I put the 3" set up back in today and welded the dump pipe back on.
ever have one of those days when you say to yourself;
"I should have woke up and threw my wallet out the window and went back to sleep"
Thats how my last 3 days have been.

Hehe... Nope- those kindof days just never seem to happen since I bought my turbo Buick ;)

TurboTR

Sorry to steal the thread but are the Poston headers any good? anyone know? Are the ATR headers that much better?