At home Bushing replacement

GNbythebay

I’ve been upgrading my suspension and wanna buy a suspension bushing kit. Which would be the best kit to buy that could be done at home. I do not have a press to press out bushings just regular tools. Can anyone recommend a link to a bushing set.

What kind of upgrades are you doing? You can replace your rear control arms that will come with new bushings. You can get front uppers pretty cheap that will have bushings as well. The front lowers are a little more complex to do if you have never done them before. The del a lum bushings for the front lowers are a great choice. check out Global West .com. spohn and umi have all kinds of good products. Check out GNS Performance too.

What kind of upgrades are you doing? You can replace your rear control arms that will come with new bushings. You can get front uppers pretty cheap that will have bushings as well. The front lowers are a little more complex to do if you have never done them before. The del a lum bushings for the front lowers are a great choice. check out Global West .com. spohn and umi have all kinds of good products. Check out GNS Performance too.
Right now I have replaced the shocks and springs all the way around. I didn’t want to go crazy and spend thousands on suspension. I was hoping to spend another $500 or so on suspension for now. What would be the best to do next with that kind of budget.

Search gbodyparts.com, they have alot of bushings.

How are your body bushings? I'd start there but that's my preference.

I'd probably look at the bolts to see if you feel comfortable removing them. They might be rusted to bad.

Then I'd check this link and decide if it's for you.

Right now I have replaced the shocks and springs all the way around. I didn’t want to go crazy and spend thousands on suspension. I was hoping to spend another $500 or so on suspension for now. What would be the best to do next with that kind of budget.
How many miles are on the car?. Like stated above the body bushings will stiffen stuff up. Spohn has rear control arms for like 275 for upper and lower with poly bushings. you dont have to get adjustable arms unless your looking for every bit of traction you can get. A good sway bar front and rear would help. look for a used 3rd gen firebird 36mm front sway bar. direct bolt on. It sucks if they already did front springs because the bushings dont take long to do when arms are off the car. Body bushings can be a real pain. where is the car from? If its a northern rust belt car its going to suck. There are write ups on how to do them. If all the bolts come out without issue the hard part is over. kirbans sells new bolts. Im sure Brian has them at GBODYPARTS as well.

Also try opgi and rockauto. I think AutoZone rents a tool to press in/out the bushings.

Are body bushings a (at home in the garage) type job?
Yes. If the bolts are rusted use plenty of penetrating lube daily for a week or so before attempting. I did mine when the car was a year old so it was a piece of cake. I did poly mounts with the extra one they put on the GNX. They're all still good 31 years and 210 k miles later.

Did mine (body bushings) this spring (after 34 years) & used enormous amounts of penetrating oil over for an extended amount of time before removing the bolts. Still broke 3. Needed to remove the seats & carpet to get to two (the other was in the trunk). Cut away the sheet metal in those locations, tap then repair the sheet metal. It was a pain in the ass, but the results were rewarding. Not a home project unless you have the tools to do all the repairs . Go for it if you feel lucky !!!