Astroroof tray replacement?

Joel.e

Does anyone make an reproduction of the Astroroof tray? I have a project where the tray is pretty rusted out. I googled it and it appeared maybe Gbodyparts was working on one but I don't see it on their site. I'll call on Monday but thought it would be worth asking here.

Thanks for any info.

Theres not much of anything for astroroof repop parts except the seals. I broke my cables this winter and it was a PITA to find replacements. PM m233roller he just parted out his 37k astroroof car. Gbody wanted me too buy a $700 entire assy for just cables, he may or may not sell just the trey.

Thanks for the reply. It was not the answer I was hoping for but based on my searching it was the answer I was expecting. I'll follow up with m233roller. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm near Richmond, VA. Shoot me a price if you're willing to ship. I'll keep looking a little closer.

I'm near Richmond, VA. Shoot me a price if you're willing to ship. I'll keep looking a little closer.
Glad to see your are close. I am in Surry County(near Waverly) off 460. I have lots of pics of when I did my astroroof in Dec/Jan 2016 in the VA area and on my facebook page "Steve V's turbobuicks" if you need any help. You will have to go back to Jan/Dec time frame.

Glad to see your are close. I am in Surry County(near Waverly) off 460. I have lots of pics of when I did my astroroof in Dec/Jan 2016 in the VA area and on my facebook page "Steve V's turbobuicks" if you need any help. You will have to go back to Jan/Dec time frame.

Thanks buddy. I'll check it out.

I got an email from Gbodyparts today. They have used Astroroof trays only (no repops). They sell them for $150 plus shipping which he indicated wasn't cheap due to the size of the tray. They are only a couple hours from me so I may take a road trip and get some other parts while I'm down there.

I hope the used tray works out from GBodyParts. Anyone have replacement cables? Mine stripped near end of closed travel

I hope the used tray works out from GBodyParts. Anyone have replacement cables? Mine stripped near end of closed travel
You better buy any cables you find they are almost impossible to find. No repops coming according to Weaver.

I got an email from Gbodyparts today. They have used Astroroof trays only (no repops). They sell them for $150 plus shipping which he indicated wasn't cheap due to the size of the tray. They are only a couple hours from me so I may take a road trip and get some other parts while I'm down there.
That would be your best bet, go down there and inspect it besure it will work. And get a set of cables if he has any too...and a motor...you the almost impossibel moonroof parts to find:)

Could someone send/PM me a pic of the tray. it doesn't matter if it's rusted or not.

The more angles the better and top and bottom especially if it's whole and intact.

I can take you some today.

Thank you. I do sheetmetal fab and welding and might be able to help people in the future repairing them. I think the reason they aren't reproduced is the low demand.

I just need to see what's involved and where they rust out.

Last edited: