Precision Turbos New Turbo Listing for Buicks !!!!!!!

Stay tuned folks.
I'm working on an updated list now and yes, I am infact working for Precision Turbo as a Remote Inside Technical Sales Rep.
:cool:

Patrick
Glad to see you've come 'home' again to Precision. My tally is this is your 3rd stint with them at Precision. As soon as the 1st Gen CEA turbos were released I talked to you. Can't remember if it was on the phone or on here. The CEA 6262JB and the AC 16930 I had were a match made in heaven. The car was a monster at the track.

I cut my teeth with Patrick with turbos. If you have ANY questions PM him or ask them here. The lists he posts are absolutely invaluable as he lists what convertor stall matches the turbo in both JB and DBB versions. For the new guys who don't know Patrick, I suggest you digest every bit of info he posts here. I've missed you and Dusty on here over the years.

Stay tuned folks.
I'm working on an updated list now and yes, I am infact working for Precision Turbo as a Remote Inside Technical Sales Rep.

Patrick
Awesome! Sounds great.

I have a quick question; I bought a hybrid turbo years ago like 15 years (turbonetics cold side 4" inlet 2.5" outlet, garret dual ball bearing water and oil cooled center section, precision hot side .85AR = for a t66mm), my question - is it ok to run the turbo without the water lines hooked up, just the oil lines connected? Thank you for your time.

Awesome! Sounds great.

I have a quick question; I bought a hybrid turbo years ago like 15 years (turbonetics cold side 4" inlet 2.5" outlet, garret dual ball bearing water and oil cooled center section, precision hot side .85AR = for a t66mm), my question - is it ok to run the turbo without the water lines hooked up, just the oil lines connected? Thank you for your time.
I conferred with my Turbonetics team mate and he agree'd with my initial thoughts.

And those were this, with regards to the Garrett DBB chra bearing system, we do not recommend NOT running the water lines if it is on a street driven vehicle. However, if this was a trailer it to the track, make a pass, let it cool, make a pass, put it back on/in the trailer type setup with zero street cruising, then yes, customers have eliminated using the water lines in this type of scenario.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

I conferred with my Turbonetics team mate and he agree'd with my initial thoughts.

And those were this, with regards to the Garrett DBB chra bearing system, we do not recommend NOT running the water lines if it is on a street driven vehicle. However, if this was a trailer it to the track, make a pass, let it cool, make a pass, put it back on/in the trailer type setup with zero street cruising, then yes, customers have eliminated using the water lines in this type of scenario.
Hope this helps.

Patrick
That's the exact answer I was looking for. Thank you so much for your help and quick reply. I'm not running water lines simply due to the fact the car hasn't run in 15 years them until I get most of the gunk out of the block and heater core I thought it would be a good idea to hold off on attacking the water lines so that none of the big chunks would infect the bearing cartridge. Once I can get this darn thing running I plan to put them on.

Hello everyone.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm officially back at Precision Turbo & Engine as a Remote Technical Sales Rep as of the beginning of March of this year. I burned the midnight oil last night and put together a revised Buick turbo comparison chart. This time, I used as much of my internal memory putting together an Old vs Current turbo list with a few pics thrown in. I tried to remember all of the "oldie but goodie" turbos that a lot of people have run and the most popular units. As some of you have found out, we no longer carry stock appearing turbos and this is due to no longer having a supply of stock appearing compressor covers. Also known as the TA series compressor covers. And to be honest, unless you're completely restoring a car for a numbers matching, concours type restoration show car, most start with an E style compressor cover equipped turbo. One other thing I've changed, is the HP numbers are not listed with each turbo in the chart. Just not enough room to be able to read the chart to be honest. The stall speed ratings should carry over, but to be honest, with how far the torque converter technology has progressed over the years, even those specs have changed. PTC, Full Throttle Speed and Dave at Turbo Buick Performance have become the go to sources for our TH200-4R transmission torque converter solutions. I did however include hp numbers underneath the turbo example pics, as well as attached the older turbo comparison charts you can use for reference. If you'd like to know the current flywheel hp ratings of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 series turbos, you can check out our website, as well as the 2019 product catalog at these two links.

One turbo that I want to make everyone aware of, is the Gen 2 PT6062 with the SP compressor cover. This model is basically the quiet one in the room if you will. Don't let the numbers fool you into thinking it's smaller than a Gen 1 PT6262. It's basically the next level in evolution of that very turbo that everyone loves and runs to this day. I'll tell you, it's a wicked street turbo. So much so, that I've given it the nick name of " The Eliminator ". Modestly rated to support 750 hp, it's awesome! And I suspect it will become a strong runner once the Buick world gets to know it. The Gen 2 series turbos feature CEA design aerodynamics on both the compressor wheels and the turbine wheels. The 3-bolt Buick turbine housings are still offered in two A/R ratios, the .63 and .85 and are available on most of the models we carry. Typically you will see the .63 only for the smaller turbine wheel turbos and the .85 for the 66mm and 70mm turbine wheel equipped models. The Gen 2 series turbos all feature our air cooled Dual Ball Bearing bearing system. We are also working on a new website, as well as a new product catalog, as well as developing new turbochargers and boost control components in our wastegate and blow off valve line up. You will also see the Jet Fighter turbos listed. These models feature a custom compressor cover that gives the turbocharger an extreme jet sound, as well as enhance the intake flow of the compressor wheel. Some of you may recognize this as similar to the old school T51R mod. These modified compressor cover series are only available on our SP compressor covers and on a select few models. As you can see, this list is mainly focused on the models that we offer with the direct bolt on Buick 3-bolt turbine housing, even though I added the TSO class legal turbos that were/are available with both T4 and T5/6 style turbine housings. This list does not include all of the other models we carry with literally hundreds of other turbine housing designs and options. Again, you can check out our website and the product catalog for a more complete listing of all the models that are available.

In closing, I'd like to say a few words about us. As some of you may know, Precision Turbo & Engine was acquired by our parent company Wabtec a few years back. They also owns Turbonetics. We are very fortunate to have on our team, former Turbonetics Technical Salesmen who are remotely located in California and Nevada. When you call our 855 number, you could be talking to any of us. That includes, Ashley, Jim, Reggie, Nestor, Bradley, Griffin and myself. The world will be shocked to see the new facility once we release the new factory tour video later this year. Things have really exploded with the growth of the company over the past 11 years since I was last here and it's amazing to see. Some of you might not know this, but all of our turbos are built to order at our new warehouse / HQ located in Crown Point Indiana. What's funny is, the new location is actually less than 2 miles from my old house when I used to lived up there. What a world right? Anywho, we successfully moved into the new location back in mid January of 2022 and as you can imagine, things have been going crazy getting all the machines online and the inventory squared away. I ask that everyone please bare with us during these getting spun up times. Also as everyone is well aware, all major aftermarket performance manufacturers are having troubles getting raw materials in today's crazy times. It's a real struggle but we are aggressively working through it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

With all of that being said, let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help the best I can.

Patrick Rubio

Inside Technical Sales Representative
Precision Turbo & Engine
9401 Georgia St. Suite 2 | Crown Point, IN 46307
P: (855)996-7832 |Fax: (219)484-2864

patrick.rubio@Wabtec.com
1650460831957.png

2022 Precision Turbo & Engine Buick turbo listing.jpg
Old-vs-New-Buick-turbo-list.jpgOld-vs-New-Buick-turbo-pg2.jpg

Hello everyone.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm officially back at Precision Turbo & Engine as a Remote Technical Sales Rep as of the beginning of March of this year. I burned the midnight oil last night and put together a revised Buick turbo comparison chart. This time, I used as much of my internal memory putting together an Old vs Current turbo list with a few pics thrown in. I tried to remember all of the "oldie but goodie" turbos that a lot of people have run and the most popular units. As some of you have found out, we no longer carry stock appearing turbos and this is due to no longer having a supply of stock appearing compressor covers. Also known as the TA series compressor covers. And to be honest, unless you're completely restoring a car for a numbers matching, concours type restoration show car, most start with an E style compressor cover equipped turbo. One other thing I've changed, is the HP numbers are not listed with each turbo in the chart. Just not enough room to be able to read the chart to be honest. The stall speed ratings should carry over, but to be honest, with how far the torque converter technology has progressed over the years, even those specs have changed. PTC, Full Throttle Speed and Dave at Turbo Buick Performance have become the go to sources for our TH200-4R transmission torque converter solutions. I did however include hp numbers underneath the turbo example pics, as well as attached the older turbo comparison charts you can use for reference. If you'd like to know the current flywheel hp ratings of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 series turbos, you can check out our website, as well as the 2019 product catalog at these two links.

One turbo that I want to make everyone aware of, is the Gen 2 PT6062 with the SP compressor cover. This model is basically the quiet one in the room if you will. Don't let the numbers fool you into thinking it's smaller than a Gen 1 PT6262. It's basically the next level in evolution of that very turbo that everyone loves and runs to this day. I'll tell you, it's a wicked street turbo. So much so, that I've given it the nick name of " The Eliminator ". Modestly rated to support 750 hp, it's awesome! And I suspect it will become a strong runner once the Buick world gets to know it. The Gen 2 series turbos feature CEA design aerodynamics on both the compressor wheels and the turbine wheels. The 3-bolt Buick turbine housings are still offered in two A/R ratios, the .63 and .85 and are available on most of the models we carry. Typically you will see the .63 only for the smaller turbine wheel turbos and the .85 for the 66mm and 70mm turbine wheel equipped models. The Gen 2 series turbos all feature our air cooled Dual Ball Bearing bearing system. We are also working on a new website, as well as a new product catalog, as well as developing new turbochargers and boost control components in our wastegate and blow off valve line up. You will also see the Jet Fighter turbos listed. These models feature a custom compressor cover that gives the turbocharger an extreme jet sound, as well as enhance the intake flow of the compressor wheel. Some of you may recognize this as similar to the old school T51R mod. These modified compressor cover series are only available on our SP compressor covers and on a select few models. As you can see, this list is mainly focused on the models that we offer with the direct bolt on Buick 3-bolt turbine housing, even though I added the TSO class legal turbos that were/are available with both T4 and T5/6 style turbine housings. This list does not include all of the other models we carry with literally hundreds of other turbine housing designs and options. Again, you can check out our website and the product catalog for a more complete listing of all the models that are available.

In closing, I'd like to say a few words about us. As some of you may know, Precision Turbo & Engine was acquired by our parent company Wabtec a few years back. They also owns Turbonetics. We are very fortunate to have on our team, former Turbonetics Technical Salesmen who are remotely located in California and Nevada. When you call our 855 number, you could be talking to any of us. That includes, Ashley, Jim, Reggie, Nestor, Bradley, Griffin and myself. The world will be shocked to see the new facility once we release the new factory tour video later this year. Things have really exploded with the growth of the company over the past 11 years since I was last here and it's amazing to see. Some of you might not know this, but all of our turbos are built to order at our new warehouse / HQ located in Crown Point Indiana. What's funny is, the new location is actually less than 2 miles from my old house when I used to lived up there. What a world right? Anywho, we successfully moved into the new location back in mid January of 2022 and as you can imagine, things have been going crazy getting all the machines online and the inventory squared away. I ask that everyone please bare with us during these getting spun up times. Also as everyone is well aware, all major aftermarket performance manufacturers are having troubles getting raw materials in today's crazy times. It's a real struggle but we are aggressively working through it and can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

With all of that being said, let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help the best I can.

Patrick Rubio

Inside Technical Sales Representative
Precision Turbo & Engine
9401 Georgia St. Suite 2 | Crown Point, IN 46307
P: (855)996-7832 |Fax: (219)484-2864

patrick.rubio@Wabtec.com
View attachment 355600

View attachment 355599View attachment 355601View attachment 355602

Patrick,
The chart looks good- Buick turbo's offer by precision condensed into a single data sheet.

Stay tuned folks.

Patrick
I wish there was a hotair upgraded body.. with fixings.

Yes thank you a million times over for taking the time to create then share the charts!!

If and when my funky 66 turbo goes out, a gen2 6870 HP BB .85 for me!

Yes thank you a million times over for taking the time to create then share the charts!!

If and when my funky 66 turbo goes out, a gen2 6870 HP BB .85 for me!
agreed, just feeling left out a bit lol.. all love, goodness here.

Stay tuned folks.

Patrick
Let me know what my choices are for a turbo that supports upto 650 to 675HP, what injectors and fuel pump will be needed