Art Carr vs PTC converter results

Steve, good info. I have the 16 stator so I know mine should be a little tighter. Check your PM's.

murphster--did you ever attempt to manually lock-up the AC converter & ck for diff in results? Or, would the AC lockup not work even if manually locked?

It wasn't intended for lockup at WOT. And yes, I did try it anyway and it didn't do a durn thing.

Here's the Directscan screengrab from my 10.99 second run. As you can see, I let off pretty early. :cool:

PTC_10_sec_run.JPG

Although it may be hard to tell from this one picture, the stall of the converter is indeed rising as I add boost. As predicted, the combo is responding much better with the increased rpms.

I'm also adding a picture showing how the converter responds with 15 lbs boost vs 17 lbs boost vs 23 lbs boost. All of the shifts were made in the low 6000 rpms, say 6200-6300 or so. At 15 lbs boost, the shifts dropped to 4425 rpm. At 17 lbs boost, the shifts dropped to 4750 rpm. At 23 lbs boost, the shifts dropped to 5150 rpm. In the picture, you can see how the rpms are higher after the shifts as the boost and power is increased. The left picture is 15, middle 17, and right one 23 lbs boost.
PTC_15_17_23_small.JPG

Once I get the roll bar, it will be nice to see what the converter efficiency will be at the end of the 10sec run. I think the picture above shows how important it is to match the converter to a combo. At low power, the converter would have been way too tight for decent runs. The Art Carr was faster when only running 15lbs boost since it was so loose. But as the power was increased, the Art Carr's inefficiency would have become an issue and the PTC seems to be coming right into its own.

It may save your bacon!!

From what I am told when the tps gets around or over 4.90 it may cause the fueling to go to 50%, my AC tps started going over 4.9 and I was starting to have problems at WOT, so I installed a new one and now I think it peaks out around 4.80 which is fine.

PS: this is with the oem type (ECM) set-up