ARP studs for TTA heads.

Grumpy

Thread killer
dont think they have a kit. I had to order by the lengths of the bolts. this was years ago.

proptop

Turbo T231,
Let me look and see if I still have the lengths in the shop. In addition there are three along the bottom (both sides) that we had to chuck up in a lathe and cut them down. My buddy just sold them along with a set of heads to a member on here. Maybe he will see this post and measure them for you.
Thanks,
Bob

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
B3F759DA-B087-419E-8CE4-B802F1B7C803.jpeg

TurboT231

Turbo T231,
Let me look and see if I still have the lengths in the shop. In addition there are three along the bottom (both sides) that we had to chuck up in a lathe and cut them down. My buddy just sold them along with a set of heads to a member on here. Maybe he will see this post and measure them for you.
Thanks,
Bob
Sounds good. Thanks

chopped39

Call Arp. I did and talked to the engineer . They do not make a kit for TTA heads. If you want to cut your headers and not run a washer you can but they said you have to use the washer. I got screwed by RJC. They sold me a kit that they said they worked with ARP to make. Crock of shit.. Arp told me to use the stock factory bolts. I ordered 8 ARP bolts and milled the head down and they just barely fit with the washer. I left the studs in the other holes. That picture that BEATAV8 posted is my engine

proptop

Gents,
Found my notes/box when I made these for my Buddy. Disclaimer I don't have access to them now as they have been sold. I used 7/16 fine threaded 11/16 socket headed nut that measure .450 in height with a diameter of .780. Top of studs were 7/16 - 20 (fine) and the bottom are 7/16 - 14 (course). Also you can use washer under all of the studs except the ones/three along the bottom next to the exhaust tubes.
4 studs are 5.250
4 studs are 4.00
8 studs are 3.00 and you have to cut the Broach out of six of them to clear the exhaust tubes.
Hope this helps.
Bob

Attachments

• Nut-washer TTA.jpg
    Nut-washer TTA.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 41
  • TTA head studs.jpg
    TTA head studs.jpg
    889.4 KB · Views: 45

LSTTYPE

Hey guys I think that was me who bought those heads and custom studs. I haven't been on here in awhile.

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00