Are Msd 50s enough?

Do you guys think MSD 50# injectors are enough for a gt6157 turbo?I know the correct way to tune is with a wideband,but it not in my budget.My 02s lean way anytime i tune up the boost more than 21#s.Even with cranking the alky speed way up.I am not sure if the fuel pressure is also keeping up,i have yet to put a fuel gauge that reaches to the windshield on.I was just conserend i made the wrong choise in injectors.

Back in the day, MSDs were the go-to injector. They are great, and will take you deep into the 11s.

Today's hot ticket for the street is the Mototron 60. Better idle, and will take you into the 10s.

On your lean situation: have you checked your fuel system for fleaks and clogs? Get the fp gauge, and check to see it is ramping relative to boost. Guessing can (and will) cost you a motor.

I will check the fuel pressure.I usually dont run more than 21#s but i had race gas and wanted to turn it up.I have already learned a lesson on headgaskets due to running a racecar and not hearing my audiable knock detector.Thats why i put racegas in it the next time out.It has a new fuel filter and an 8 month old 340 pump,also no leaks.

Race Gas or Not,

if your fuel pump is not up to snuff, you'll go lean from lack of fuel--not Octane. You must first get that gauge w/ the 3' extension to tape on windshield & monitor for inrease with boost--# for # from 42-43. Or, you should certainly see around 63-64# fuel press @ 21# boost...

if your fuel pump is not up to snuff, you'll go lean from lack of fuel--not Octane. You must first get that gauge w/ the 3' extension to tape on windshield & monitor for inrease with boost--# for # from 42-43. Or, you should certainly see around 63-64# fuel press @ 21# boost...

Unless you like changing head gaskets:eek:

Sorry,
i couldnt figure how to delete the post in the turbo section,i didnt mean to post it there,but i ended up with more responces there than here.

Given your signature "build",

it appears your 50# injectors should be more than adequate--given a good, reliable fuel supply--which you need verify chop-chop...

challengermike;2018669I know the correct way to tune is with a wideband said:
Then you should put the car back to stock and leave it alone. 6 50 lb/hr injectors are enough to run 10's without alky.

Then you should put the car back to stock and leave it alone. 6 50 lb/hr injectors are enough to run 10's without alky.

Now you sound like the engine shop i deal with.What did everybody do before widebands?Everybody had stock cars?I asked him the same question and he said wellllllllll,we used to read the plugs.At least i have a scanmaster to read the o2s.If i blow it up its my problem.Ive already done head gaskets at 1,500 miles on my rebuild.The wideband is the best way to tune but not the only way.