Apple vs. Samsung

Companies will have to pay Apple for future use of said patents. Android phones aren't going anywhere. I was an early adopter of the Iphone and bought my first ipod in 02 but, have since switched to the Samsung Note. If Apple were to release a larger screen version I would consider the switch. I went from the Iphone 4s to the Note 3 months ago and don't regret the move. Samsung and Apple will most likely be the last 2 standing although, like they say in the Highlander movie "there can only be one". ;)

I'd just add, I would never go back to PC after purchasing my first Mac back in 06. Man how I hate Windows/MSoft.

Apple is having the press conference on Sept 12 and releasing on the 21st. So get ready to switch.

Apple can now force the issue to have them all pulled. And knowing Apple they will. Just Saying!!

These issues continue to show the importance of patent reform; Motorola (Google) just filed against Apple. It's a messy situation. Ars Technica has had some great writeups in the past few weeks.

At the end of the day, they all make great products. I've owned iPhones and Androids and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I hope the legal teams get things sorted out soon and that the engineers keep focusing on making great software and hardware.

Companies will have to pay Apple for future use of said patents. Android phones aren't going anywhere. I was an early adopter of the Iphone and bought my first ipod in 02 but, have since switched to the Samsung Note. If Apple were to release a larger screen version I would consider the switch. I went from the Iphone 4s to the Note 3 months ago and don't regret the move. Samsung and Apple will most likely be the last 2 standing although, like they say in the Highlander movie "there can only be one". ;)

I'd just add, I would never go back to PC after purchasing my first Mac back in 06. Man how I hate Windows/MSoft.

I have a Note too and love it. Had a few iphones in the past but no way would I switch back.

The lawyers are absolutely "LOVIN" this fight! In the end, they'll be the ones that are the winners. The companies will just jack the prices up, and those who buy their products, will pay the tab.
I'm beginning to wonder how I've managed to stay in touch with those that I consider important enough to communicate with, without all the trik of the month, b/s fones, tablets, etc....:confused:

The jackals show up anytime there is big profits and try to get a cut.

I'd love a note but I'm not dropping $200 to get one. I'll just keep on with the free ones. I will admit I parted with $49 for my inspire and might go that much for the note. Four times not so much.

I do hope they get it sorted out. There have been giant leaps in just the last decade. I'd love to see more.

The bigger they are... the harder they fall.

Can anyone name the company that lead the IT industry fifteen years ago and still leads the industry today?

IBM, AOL, Microsoft, Cisco, Yahoo? They were all considered at one time to invincible and yet they are no longer a dominate force. I remember looking at the price of yahoo @ over $600 a share and now look at it. The same will happen to any company that grows so large that they outrun their abilities with corporate bs.

My bet is that Nokia will start to pick up serious market share, especially in the enterprise arena. Care to guess the company with the most mobile device patents? Nokia and Samsung http://gigaom.com/mobile/meet-the-mobile-patent-kings-samsung-and-nokia. Apple uses Samsung as a parts supplier,,, so I am sure they will get most their 1B back some way. We all pay by lack of innovation due to the outcome of this court case.

I have had iphones, androids and WP7.5 phones. They all had good points and bad points. Currently loving the freedom that the galaxys2 gives me. To each his own though.

Nokia? What are they doing in the cell or tablet market? Doesn't really seem like they are much of a player? I think companies like HP really need to get on track or they're getting left behind. I think pc sales are going to decline as more move to tablets.

Red C5 - Nokia was the world's largest vendor of mobile phones from 1998 to 2012. Their mobile OS, Symbian, basically never caught on with anyone and their marketshare has been dropping for years.

I hope all these issues get sorted out and Google, Apple, and MS keep putting out quality products. While I don't like all of the major vendors, competition is usually a good thing for the consumers.

You have to remember too that Apple lost big overseas in more than one lawsuit so those phones won't be disappearing, and it just might spawn a gray market area if providers will hook them up.

I'll keep my GIII until the appeal is over in a few years........ ;)

I already own Apple stock and a Samsung GIII so I've got the best of both worlds. :cool:

NyBlankets,

Apple is working on a device that is larger than the iPhone but smaller than the iPad. Once the iPhone 5 is released the wife and I will update to the 4S. I am not one to pay full price for the newest phone. We have had iPhones for the last few years and love them.

I will also say that I will never go back to a PC after owning a MacBook pro. Two totally different worlds. One with viruses and one without. It took a lot for me to switch just because of the price difference but on e we did the switch there has been no looking back.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Google comes in to b!tch-slap Apple.
Looks like yhe iPhone may be in a bit of a pickle. :D

Guess you didn't see the article stating that Google is backing off of claims against Apple since Apple won the patents.......

NyBlankets,

Two totally different worlds. One with viruses and one without.

That is a huge misconception about apple products. To each his own though.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...ter-virus-indicates-mac-users-no-longer-safe/

http://antivirus.about.com/od/macintoshresource/tp/macvirusfaqs.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/mac-virus-apple_n_1625110.html

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...hat-macs-dont-get-viruses-20120703-21ei4.html

It is only going to get worse for Apple. Now the attacks are OS agnostic or detection is done on the fly to determine OS and then launch an attack to compromise it. The big joke right now is Java (Mac and Windows version) Oracle patched it last week and within 24 hours the patched version is vulnerable.

Back to the OP,,,, I exited my chunk of 8x8 (eght) last wed and sent my money on vaca to Nokia (nok). Given the fact that Ford will be using Nokia Maps for it's navigation systems and Amazon choosing it over google maps for the new kindle fire, things could get interesting. If the Nokia models have the technology that is rumored on the investing forums, it will be a major contender in a very short time. The mobile area is changing so fast, but is so restricted because of patent laws and some very unprofitable licensing terms by some of the patent holders... can't blame them though, it's business. Apple currently pays nokia $10 for every iphone sold because nokia owns some patents on the screen technology apple is using.

This month is huge for all parties involved.